GENERAL SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Under the general direction of the Program Manager or designee, the Program Analyst II will support the development and implementation of assigned program activities within the MassHealth Office of Long Term Services and Supports. This position will become an internal subject matter expert on relevant program design and leverage that expertise to support key operational and implementation workstreams. The Program Analyst will manage across multiple complex tasks, develop an in-depth understanding of MassHealth data and its programs, manage analytic requests, as well as plan, organize and direct project team meetings.
- Perform policy research and data analysis specific to health care and human services topics and issues that apply to the program. This requires an in-depth understanding of the overall program design, project’s goals, and policy context within the program.
- Prepare written summaries and reports of policy and data analyses that synthesize all relevant information into easily understood formats for both internal and external distribution. Prepare charts, graphs, tables and presentations.
- Research complex policy questions in a structure and hypothesis-driven manner, identifying options and developing recommendations for Management consideration.
- In collaboration with Program Manager and other project team members, responsible for managing the ongoing program design and implementation work plans. Includes keeping management apprised of any issues that may impact program timeline or deliverables.
- Work in a matrix environment with personnel throughout the program (internal and external) to serve as a resource and authority on the program.
- Prepare materials for and lead program related meetings to include collecting feedback from stakeholders and synthesizing the key learnings and action items.
- Assist in identifying sources of data and information relevant to specific analytic projects on health care and human services topics and issues.
- Perform other duties as required.