The Data and Evaluation Manager supports the development of a strategic vision for monitoring and evaluation and leads data collection, analysis, and use for grant-funded projects to increase HPV vaccination rates and other cancer-prevention efforts across the country. Under the supervision of the Senior Data Manager, supports the planning and execution of all steps of the monitoring and evaluation process, including qualitative and quantitative data collection, management, analysis, visualization, and reporting, as well as related administrative, research, and communications activities. Works collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders to implement long-term evaluation plans for key ACS initiatives. This position includes the opportunity to collaborate on programmatic research and submit manuscripts for peer-reviewed publication.
- Support development of a strategic vision for data use for grant funded cancer prevention initiatives
- Support implementation of long-term evaluation plans for grant funded HPV vaccination and cancer screening initiatives
- Develop and implement data collection and quality control systems and processes
- Build and update data collection instruments in platforms such as Survey Monkey, REDCap, and Salesforce
- Provide training and technical assistance on data collection and monitoring tools to health system partners, ACS health systems staff, and others engaged in intervention delivery
- Maintain process to store and organize project data from various sources
- Clean and analyze project data, including use of appropriate statistical tests
- Support the design and development of monitoring tools and dashboards in Tableau, Excel, Power BI, etc.
- Develop qualitative interview guides and conduct qualitative interviews with stakeholders
- Participate in preparing regular and ad-hoc reports on project accomplishments
- Co-author manuscripts on project outcomes for peer-reviewed publication
- Continually identify and implement opportunities to improve data systems and processes
- Coordinate across ACS cancer prevention initiatives to promote strategic alignment of data systems and processes
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Advanced degree (master’s or doctorate) in public health, biostatistics, epidemiology, social science, business analytics, or other science discipline where data management and data analysis are key professional skills is required and 2+ years of experience.
- Candidates with a bachelor’s degree with 3+ years of relevant data management, analysis, and reporting experience will also be considered.
- Content experience in health communications, health behavior, cancer prevention, and/or infectious disease preferred.
- Collect and manage public health data
- Quantitative and qualitative data collection and analysis
- Visualize and present data for dissemination
- Research design and evaluation planning
- Proficient in relevant software, such as Excel, Stata (or other statistical package), MAXQDA (or other qualitative research software), Tableau (or other visualization software)
- Pick up on new techniques and software platforms quickly
- Present technical topics effectively to groups of diverse size, background, and setting
- Interact and effectively communicate with multiple team members
- Independently meet deadlines, solve problems, and track deliverables for multiple projects
- Self-start and quickly become an integral part of a fast-moving team
- Strong attention to detail
SPECIAL MENTAL OR PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Must be able to work in a typical interior office setting.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- This will be a fully remote position.