POSITION SUMMARY (Short summary of the essential purpose of the job)
The Senior Manager, Marketing is responsible for providing strategic marketing direction and leadership in support of the Society’s mission by building ASH brand equity and raising awareness of ASH’s programs, products, and services. The Senior Manager leads the marketing team in developing and executing marketing plans and social media strategy, ensuring an integrated approach across all departments and communication channels.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Duties that occupy a major portion of time and importance in the job)
· Works collaboratively with the Society leadership and volunteer task groups to develop new marketing strategies that help achieve the Society’s business goals.
· Monitors and leverages evolving industry trends and new technologies to drive improvements to marketing strategies.
Oversees the collection and analysis of reliable customer data; work with staff across departments to ensure that business decisions about product development, pricing strategy, customer access, and promotion are data-driven and responsive to evolving customer needs and behavior.
· Develops effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure agreement on expectations and desired outcomes.
· Makes recommendations about the optimal organization, configuration, and staffing levels for the marketing functions; engage in career planning, mentorship, and staff development for the marketing team, motivating its members to implement innovative ideas.
· Establishes project management processes to ensure timely development of effective promotional campaigns that conform with the ASH brand and meet objectives.
· Oversees content marketing strategy development and guide its implementation across all communication media, including online, paid and organic social media, digital, and print formats.
Leads the report out of metrics of success for various communications campaigns and initiatives.
Leads efforts to continuously improve user experience across all digital platforms.
Helps maximize revenues from product sales and meeting registration fees by working with departments to develop a comprehensive pricing strategy and model.
· Works with department leaders to analyze opportunities and identify new sources of revenue.
· Analyzes existing marketing costs, identify potential cost saving opportunities, and develop annual marketing budget to support programs across the organization.
· Works with the Deputy Director of Communications, and the Chief Communications Officer (CCO) to ensure the flow of important information between departments and internal Communications Department teams.
· Ensures that promotional materials, correspondence, advertisements, and other assets are cohesive, appropriately targeted, accurate, and consistent with ASH messaging, branding, and style guidelines.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE SKILL REQUIRED (Minimum education and experience needed to perform the job adequately)
· Bachelor’s degree in marketing or a related field (advanced degree preferred) and a minimum of seven years of related work experience with a professional medical society or nonprofit organization preferred.
· Excellent organizational, analytical, and interpersonal skills.
· Strong oral, written communications skills.
· Excellent critical thinking and conflict resolution skills.
· Excellent organizational, prioritization and time management skills; must be detail-oriented and able to multiple priorities simultaneously and demonstrate commitment to meeting established deadlines.
· Embraces team-based project management culture; responsibly executes assigned projects including meeting goals and deliverables, while working collaboratively with cross-functional teams to help ensure project success.
· Team player, who works well with diverse team members of all levels and backgrounds, including those who work in other locations including external stakeholders.
· Possesses initiative to suggests and/or implements actions to improve operations and maximize the Society’s priorities, uses resources creatively to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of work performed.
· Experience effectively supervising and developing others, demonstrating ability to adjust management style according to the needs of staff.
· Self-starter who requires minimal supervision.
Salary will be commensurate with experience ranging from $100,000 – $125,000 annually.
How to Apply: Please submit cover letter and resume. If you are unable to complete this application due to a disability, contact firstname.lastname@example.org to ask for an accommodation or an alternative application process.
ADA SPECIFICATIONS (Physical demands that must be met in order to successfully complete the essential functions of the job.)
Requires ability to speak audibly and listen actively.
Requires ability to use computers, telephones and other office equipment.
May require ability to sit for extended periods of time.
May require periodic out-of-town travel.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary.