APLA Health’s mission is to achieve health care equity and promote well-being for the LGBT and other underserved communities and people living with and affected by HIV. We are a nonprofit, federally qualified health center serving more than 14,000 people annually. We provide 20 different services from 15 locations throughout Los Angeles County, including: medical, dental, and behavioral health care; PrEP counseling and management; health education and HIV prevention; and STD screening and treatment. For people living with HIV, we offer housing support; benefits counseling; home health care; and the Vance North Necessities of Life Program food pantries; among several other critically needed services. Additionally, we are leaders in advocating for policy and legislation that positively impacts the LGBT and HIV communities, provide capacity-building assistance to health departments across the country, and conduct community-based research on issues affecting the communities we serve. For more information, please visit us at aplahealth.org.
We offer great benefits, competitive pay, and great working environment!
Dental Insurance (no cost for employee)
Vision Insurance (no cost for employee)
Long Term Disability
Group Term Life and AD&D Insurance
Employee Assistance Program
Flexible Spending Accounts
10 Paid Holidays
5 Personal Days
10 Vacation Days
12 Sick Days
Metro reimbursement or free parking
Employer Matched 403b Retirement Plan
This is a great opportunity to make a difference!
The Endodontist will function as a member of a dental and medical interdisciplinary treatment team at APLA Health’s dental clinics. The Endodontic Dental Specialist is expected to perform endodontic treatment, both conventional and surgical, and adjunctive procedures at a specialty level of expertise. The provider is expected to evaluate and assess endodontic therapy and outcome of treatment. Supervision of NYUL dental residents on rotation may also be requested.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Adhere to all state, federal, and community laws and ethical standards that apply to general dentists and endodontists.
- Examine, diagnose dental conditions, and provide the appropriate dental treatment for patients of APLA Health & Wellness.
- Accept patients for specialty consultation and treatment in conformance with established APLA Health & Wellness protocols and guidelines as needed.
- Maintain properly written patient records.
- Attend dental clinic and agency staff meetings as requested by Dental Director.
- Responsible for personal and professional compliance with all applicable state, federal, and local community clinic regulations regarding the practice of dentistry as well as those relating to personal issues, workplace safety, public health and confidentiality.
Assist in maintaining OSHA and HIPAA compliance.
- Be a visible representative of APLA Health & Wellness in the community and occasionally network with other community based organizations to help improve relationships and ensure maximum availability of resources for our patients.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of an evaluation process for the program to help address the needs of our patients and others living with HIV/AIDS.
- Advocate for improved access to dental treatment for all people living with HIV/AIDS through collaboration with the APLA Public Policy Team.
OTHER DUTIES MAY BE ASSIGNED TO MEET BUSINESS NEEDS.
Training and Experience:
- Current license to practice dentistry issued by the Dental Board of California
- Post Graduate Certificate of Specialty Training
- Current DEA license
- Current CPR certification
- At least one year of clinical dental practice experience
- Experience with HIV/AIDS dental patients is preferred but not required
- Clear record with Medi-Cal program and private dental insurance companies
- Universal precautions and infection control
- OSHA and HIPAA regulations
- General dentistry
- HIV/AIDS medical issues (preferred but not required)
- Work independently and responsibly
- Treat patients with respect, compassion, and confidentiality
- Work independently and responsibly
- Work effectively as a team member in a busy dental practice
- Be self-motivated and maintain the commitment to excellence of APLA Dental Services, Inc.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Prolonged periods of sitting or standing may be required during patient treatment. The physical motions and the degree of mobility normally associated with the practice of dentistry will be performed on a repetitive basis.
This is primarily an office position that requires only occasional bending, reaching, stooping, lifting and moving of office materials weighing 25 pounds or less. The position requires daily use of a personal computer and requires entering, viewing, and revising text and graphics on the computer terminal and on paper.
Must possess a valid California driver’s license; proof of auto liability insurance; and have the use of a personal vehicle for work related purposes.
COVID-19 and Booster or Medical/ Religious Exemption required.
Equal Opportunity Employer: minority/female/disability/veteran.