A Career in Public Service Awaits You, Come Join our Prevention Services Team!
Your Talent, Our Mission: To promote, protect, and improve the health and wellness of individuals and communities in Arizona.
What You’ll Do:
– The AZ Health Zone Tribal Liaison will support the AZ Health Zone SNAP-Ed program in integrating our three foundational principles of Trauma Informed approaches, community engagement and health equity to support programming with tribal communities.
– The Tribal Liaison will be responsible for building relationships with tribal communities and governments, writing and maintaining tribal contracts, consulting with tribal partners on reports, CERs, provide guidance and scheduling of tribal consultations and presentations, engage tribal agencies and governments in discussions, and meet all USDA tribal requirements.
– This position will use a trauma aware lens when selecting or developing curricula/materials for use in the tribal community. This position will establish program goals and objectives and direct the implementation of community engagement and relationship building practices in tribal communities.
– You will be responsible for providing training to state staff and local agencies on Arizona’s tribal communities, communicate on the needs of tribal communities, and assist to develop culturally relevant activities and materials.
– You will be required to write and maintain contracts with tribal partners, facilitate advisory groups to gather input on program implementation, recipes, marketing, and other materials that would support work in the communities. This guidance will help to develop operational procedures and monitor projects within the AZ Health Zone program to ensure compliance with rules and regulations.
– You will work closely with local implementing agencies such as the local health departments and the University of Arizona Cooperative Extension to review and approve action plans and contracts, provide technical assistance, trainings, site visits to counties around Arizona, and convene committees and working groups to adapt program implementation to meet rural and urban tribal needs.
– As the AZ Health Zone Tribal Liaison, you will work to stay up to date and interpret rules and regulations from USDA and tribal partners and provide guidance and prepares informational publications for program staff and local implementing agencies on Arizona tribal communities.
This position is required to perform work at/attend meetings at alternate locations and/or travel when necessary.
Bachelor’s degree in Public Health, Social Work, or a closely related field with 3 years work experience in program management, public health and or training. Master’s Degree in a related field may substitute for one year of the professional work experience.
About Arizona Department of Health Services
The Arizona Department of Health Services promotes and protects the health of Arizona’s children and adults. Our mission is to promote, protect, and improve the health and wellness of individuals and communities in Arizona. We strive to set the standard for personal and community health through direct care, science, public policy, and leadership. ADHS promotes alternative work schedules, flexible hours. We have positions that can fit any stage in your career, from entry to senior level. We offer a robust benefit package, including the ADHS Student Loan Assistance Pilot Program, where eligible employees can receive up to $437.50 per month for their outstanding student loans. Come check us out and see how you can make a difference in the lives of all Arizonans.