When you join the Arrowleaf team, you are committing to a meaningful career where your work will make a difference for your neighbors throughout Southern Illinois and strengthen our region as a whole. You’ll have a chance to build well-being not just for the people you work with, but for yourself as well, as you gain life-changing experiences, enjoy highly competitive benefits, and experience unmatched opportunities for advancement.
About the role:
We have one full-time opening for a Support Technician (C.N.A.):
Job Title: Support Technician (C.N.A.)
Work Site: Autumn Ridge Supportive Living Facility – Vienna, IL
Area of Focus: Community Collaboration
Program(s): Supportive Living Program – SLP helps adults age 65+ live independently by providing them with housing in an apartment-style setting that emphasizes privacy and autonomy, while also offering services that support their health and well-being and providing a little extra assistance with the activities of daily life.
Hours of Work: Full-time, 40 hours/week (Midnight shift)
Minimum Qualifications: High School Diploma or GED
Skills & Knowledge: Knowledge of geriatrics & service care planning, skill in understanding and the delivery of theories and their application to the elderly, excellent written and oral communication skills, basic computer skills.
Special Requirements: Must complete required registry clearances and criminal fingerprint background checks, maintain and provide proof of a valid driver's license, maintain and provide proof of personal vehicle liability insurance, must be age 18 or older, Maintains a current Illinois CNA certification, Maintain First Aid & CPR certification
Job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Implements residents’ specific goals as outlined in the resident’s Service Care Plan.
- Implements behavior intervention techniques as necessary.
- Ensures that the residents maintain and obtain their optimal level of health by:
- Completing routine health checks using basic in-home health care equipment.
- Reminding, if necessary, residents of their medications and treatments, according to the physician’s orders, and completing required documentation.
- Reporting all health and safety concerns to a nurse or Manager.
- Assists in meal preparation, meal delivery and clean up.
- Helps to maintain the resident’s laundry and housekeeping.
- Participates in, instructs and promotes resident participation in recreation and leisure activities both in/out of facility.
- Displays a “can do” positive attitude and seeks out responsibility.
- Assists or complete the resident’s laundry/linens using a household washer and dryer.
- Assists in maintaining the inside/outside appearance and safety of the facility and vehicles.
- Possess the ability to transfer residents safely in and out of the vehicles.
- Treats residents, families, co-workers, the public, state officials and consultants with respect, courtesy and tact. Listens to, uses good judgment and responds in a timely manner to the resident and provides follow up, keeping supervisor informed.
*This is a bargaining unit, union position
You will enjoy:
- A flexible schedule
- A culture of collaboration
- Professional & upward mobility opportunities
- A family-oriented atmosphere
- Health wellbeing stipend ($200 per fiscal year)
- 100% employer-paid health insurance (health, dental, vision) *available after 1st day of the month after 60 calendar days of employment
- $50,000 life insurance policy
- Travel reimbursement
- Up to 368 hours of paid time off just within your first year of employment! Includes 13 paid holidays, 3 personal days, 12 sick days, 40 hours bereavement leave, 12 days vacation (6 month probation period), and 8 hours volunteer paid time off per year.
- Additional opportunities for compensation are available above starting salary!
Arrowleaf is the human services organization in Southern Illinois best positioned to support individuals of all ages so that they can contribute to vibrant and more robust communities. That’s because only Arrowleaf: Innovates our service offerings to best support the communities’ needs; Leads community collaboration to better support the success of each individual we work with; and contributes to community prosperity and tracks economic development.
Mission: Arrowleaf’s mission is to help all Southern Illinoisans reach their full potential. We provide resources and opportunities that support individuals of all ages so they can thrive, make our communities more vibrant, and build economic prosperity that benefits everyone.
Vision: We envision a Southern Illinois where all individuals are contributing to a community that is safe and vibrant for everyone.
Visit our website: myarrowleaf.org/employment to learn more about Arrowleaf
Selection of employees for Arrowleaf shall be performed in such a manner as to ensure equal consideration of all qualified applicants. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, marital status, protected veteran status or national origin.