We are currently seeking an independent-contracted Dental Professional Coordinator to support our team. The position includes providing visual screenings, conducting oral health education, and offering treatment referrals for children up to age twelve. This role also includes outreach to our network of community partners. The position offers both a flexible onsite and remote work environment. Weekend work, travel, some overnight, may be required.
Overall, the Dental Professional Coordinator will implement the day-to-day responsibilities of the Bright Smiles, Bright Futures program, including screening and educating on the mobile unit and virtually; recruiting dental volunteers; and reporting and maintaining relations with local community organizations. This applies to activities utilizing the mobile van unit and related health education programs, including virtual classroom engagement. Specific responsibilities to follow below:
- Identify, organize, schedule, and confirm Virtual Van Visits and On Site Visits with community-based organizations, schools, churches, civic, professional, social organizations, retail locations etc.
- Interface, and act as BSBF liaison, with persons from various backgrounds and disciplines. This includes local community groups, professional organizations, public health officials, business leaders and others to inform and generate support for the program.
- Work with van driver, coordinators and other dental professionals
- Organize appropriate educational materials, along with tray set-ups, sterilization and audiovisual
- Recruit BSBF dental and non-dental volunteers for van screenings
- Monitor progress of the program locally. Record, tabulate, and submit, upload results and findings to the program website (BSBF Command Center) and complete appropriate BSBF program forms required from site visits; and parents of children who participate
- Present oral health instruction and preventive dental information and education to children and parents
- Orient and assist volunteer dental professionals
- Recording screening results
- Manage follow-up program for children who require treatment referral
- Must be able to provide visual/non-probing screenings to children up to 12 years old
About Bright Smiles Bright Futures
Bright Smiles, Bright Futures (BSBF) is a global oral health education initiative that has reached over one billion children and families across the world. In the United States, BSBF operates a fleet of eight mobile dental vans that travel to over 1,000 cities offering free dental screenings and oral health education to children aged 12 and younger.