The Center for Disease Analysis Foundation (CDAF) is a non-profit organization that specializes in the study of complex and poorly understood diseases in order to provide countries with the data and information to create and implement successful elimination strategies. We are the leading source of global epidemiology data for hepatitis. Our work is global in nature and we have collaborated with >1,000 stakeholders in more than 100 countries. We have over 120 peer reviewed publications and are well respected globally for our work in epidemiology and disease burden modeling.
We are looking for a candidate with strong analytical and facilitation skills to coordinate data collection, get consensus among stakeholder groups and work closely with epidemiologists and modelers on the team to generate forecasts and support decision making.
The position will entail the following activities:
• Conduct literature searches to identify available data in each country.
• Determine the quality of studies based on methodology, sample size and sample selection.
• Interview international experts to validate data and collect missing data.
• Develop presentations that summarize key findings.
• Arrange and lead stakeholder meetings in-person or via teleconference.
• Communicate results via email, presentations, and conference proceedings.
• Write manuscripts for publication in peer-reviewed journals.
• Limited domestic and international travel.
This position does not involve designing or conducting observational or interventional studies.
We are looking for a candidate with the following characteristics and background:
• Bachelor’s degree or higher – prefer a background in biology, chemistry, chemical engineering, math, physics social sciences or health.
• Ability to write clearly, maintain accurate records and summarize results.
• Strong communication skills.
• Experience in reading and summarizing scientific articles.
• Cultural sensitivity and basic diplomacy skills.
• Enjoy problem solving and deductive reasoning.
• Work well on a team and individually.
• Comfortable multitasking and prioritizing.
• Comfortable working in a fast-paced work environment.
• Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
• Experience in facilitating meetings and getting consensus from diverse stakeholder groups – nice to have.
• Experience in literature search –nice to have.
We are seeking individuals who enjoy reading scientific literature, extract data and insights, work with Microsoft Excel and communicating results and key findings in Microsoft PowerPoint. Individuals seeking a part-time position, non-traditional work schedule, or telecommuting need not apply.
Compensation: Competitive salary and bonus $40,000 – $80,000 per year based on experience
Start Date: Immediately
About Center for Disease Analysis Foundation (CDA Foundation)
CDA Foundation (CDAF) is a non-profit organization that specializes in the study of complex and poorly-understood diseases in order to provide countries/territories with the data and information to create and implement successful elimination strategies.
Our team of epidemiologists has analyzed the impact of HBV and HCV in over 100 countries/territories. We actively collaborate with more than 650 country/territory experts—including NGOs, economists, Ministries of Health and Finance and key opinion leaders—to develop national strategies for Hepatitis elimination. We are highly collaborative, fully transparent and have over 65 peer-reviewed journal articles on hepatitis epidemiology and economic impact in publications such as The Lancet, the Journal of Viral Hepatitis, and the Journal of Medical Economics.