1. Job Summary
The Global Health Program (GHP) at the College of Public Health is a newly established program offering both Master of Science (M.S.) and Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in global health. Our program targets international talent with a curriculum completely taught in English and is comprised entirely of international students. The GHP equips students with research expertise capable of providing scientific evidence to solve critical public health issues. With an emphasis on having an international faculty, community-based research, and cultural sensitivity, we train students to apply theories and design intervention through our rigorous course load consisting of work both in the classroom and in the field. Students have the opportunity to have a truly global education.
The GHP at the College of Public Health of National Taiwan University is seeking full-time tenure-track faculty members at any level (assistant, associate, or professor) within the fields of global public health. Candidates with research expertise and teaching interests in the following concentrations are very welcome to apply:
– planetary health, One Health, climate change and environmental health
– global health policy, health work force in resource limited settings, public health leadership and advocacy, health decision science and health planning.
– health promotion and health behavioral changes in resource limited settings, community engagement and interventions, and health communication.
The faculty member will be expected to teach at the masters and doctorate level of the GHP and will also interact closely with faculty members and students from the six graduate institutes through joint appointment by these institutes. We invite applications from individuals that believe in the importance of public health education and are committed to improving public health worldwide.
The rank and salary of the selected candidate will depend upon candidate’s qualifications.
2. Required Qualifications
Minimum requirements include an earned doctorate by January 31, 2023 in the above relevant field. Those with more than 1 year experience of teaching and research in relevant field are preferred.
3. How to Apply
Please provide the following digital documents in order as the application materials.
(1) Cover letter : Please specify which position rank you would like to apply for. Statements of research and teaching interests with one to two examples of how their research, teaching or service may contribute to the intellectual diversity of GHP and meet the diverse needs of GHP students.
(2) Curriculum vitae in Mandarin and English. (If your native language is not Mandarin, the English CV is fine. )
(3) Identity document: Nationals of the Republic of China, please attach a photocopy of the front and back of your ID card; for Foreigners, please attach a photocopy of the basic passport information page; for Dual nationals, please attach both.
(4) A authenticated copy of the Ph.D. diploma and the original academic transcripts. (If yours are not in Mandarin or English, please provide English translated authenticated version.)
(5) One copy for each of current and previous employment experiences’ certificate (The original copy of the foreign employment experience certificate is required).
(6) One selected publications list, including full-text copies of representative publications (no more than four) within five years; and full-text copies of referenced publications (no more than ten) within 7 years.
(7) The original of the verification of co-author’s contribution to the applicant’s representative publications. (If you are the single author or the academician of Academia Sinica, then you do not have to attach.) Please submit the verification at least before the interview.
(8) 3 recommendation letters.
(9) The teaching and research plans for the next 3 years per the curriculum needs of GHP.
(10) Other information that helps the search committee better understand the applicant’s qualification. (For example: The teaching courses and evaluation results for the past 3 years, the catalog of research projects and the rewards, etc.)
4. Employment period
The earliest starting date is on August 1st, 2023 or February 1st, 2024.
5. Deadline of application
The deadline is by March 19, 2023.
6. How to send the application documents
The digital application materials and questions regarding the position should be addressed to program E-mail box (firstname.lastname@example.org) (Please set the title name as “To apply for the full-time faculty position of GHP in 2023”
7. Contact Information
The contact person: Director Hsien-Ho Lin / Mrs. Jing-Ruei, Chen
Phone number: +886-2-3366-8023 (Director Lin’s office) / +886-2-3366-8094 (The office of GHP)
GHP website: https://ghp.ntu.edu.tw
National Taiwan University is an employer who offers equal opportunity.
About College of Public Health, National Taiwan University
The predecessor of National Taiwan University, under the name of Taihoku Imperial University, was founded in 1928. Since its foundation, NTU has grown exponentially and is currently the home to 11 colleges, 54 departments, 108 graduate institutes, over 50 national and university-level research centers, and over 32,000 students. Of these 11 colleges.
The College of Public Health at NTU was established in 1993.The NTU CPH is the first institution in Asia to be accredited by the Council on Education of Public Health (CEPH) in the U.S since 2017 and is also a member of the Association of Schools and Programs of Public Health (ASPPH) in the U.S. In addition, the College of Public Health is home to the Department of Public Health, two programs, and 5 graduate institutes per different expertise,
Institute of Epidemiology & Preventive Medicine,
Institute of Health Policy & Management,
Institute of Health Behaviors & Community Sciences,
Institute of Environmental & Occupational Health Sciences, and
Institute of Food Safety & Health.
Two programs are Master of Public Health and Global Health Program.
The College of Public Health strives to be a leading institution that fosters future public health professionals and leaders with sound scientific reasoning and humane caring, pursues innovation and excellence, and is dedicated to developing effective solutions to public health issues. Our mission is to improve the health and well-being of populations worldwide by our devotion to education, research, and service. On par with our mission statement, we aim to instill in our students the core values of our institution: compassion, integrity, teamwork, and equality.
Why National Taiwan University?
NTU is located in the heart of Taiwan, Taipei, and famed for low cost of living, eco-tourism, ease and convenience of public transportation. NTU is committed to providing a supportive and welcoming environment to all members of the NTU community and is dedicated to academic excellence and public service. NTU offers an urban experience in one of the safest cities in the world (Numbeo.com 2017: Taipei was named the third safest city in the world).