CommonHealth ACTION seeks to invest in a dynamic and energetic Program Associate who will support our expanding program portfolio including but not limited to development and support of our strategic implementation support for individual and organizational clients; our Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (EDI) training programs; and engagement in organizational activities.
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
CommonHealth ACTION is a national non-profit that develops people and organizations to produce health through equitable policies, programs, and practices. We believe that health is a production of society, and that in addition to genetics, our health outcomes are determined by the contexts within which we live our lives and make personal behavioral choices. Our vision is an America in which all people have equitable opportunities and neighborhood conditions to achieve their best possible health.
Our program services include equity assessments and evaluation; EDI trainings; organizational strategy and culture change; leadership and workforce development; and convening and learning experiences. Please visit www.commonhealthaction.org for more information about our work.
Candidates must complete the application form and upload a resume and cover letter. Files should be named using this convention: Last name, First Name-Resume and Last Name, First Name-Cover. Should you have any problems with uploading your documents, please send an email to email@example.com.
NOTE: Not following these directions will have an impact on your application. Do not email your documentation; it will not be reviewed if it is not uploaded as requested. All documents must be uploaded by 12:00 Noon, Wednesday, June 22, 2022. Projected Start Date: (August 1, 2022)
The Program Associate (PA) supports projects and programs and contributes to the implementation of CommonHealth ACTION’s day to day operations. With guidance from management, the Associate works independently and collaboratively with staff to plan, develop, implement, and evaluate activities on behalf of and within the organization. The PA will also contribute to development activities to advance the organization’s mission and establishing and maintaining partnerships, such as resource identification and proposal writing/development. The Associate position requires research, analytical, interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills. S/he must demonstrate professional discretion and diplomacy.
The following reflect the major areas of responsibility for this position. Tasks include (but are not limited to) the duties outlined. Candidates will also be required to complete other duties as assigned.
Organizational Strategy and Development
- Apply curiosity and creativity to Strategy Team activities.
- Edit and write strategy documents for client review, willing to take risks with team support.
- Assist in the development of EDI action reports.
- Develop an ongoing list of opportunities to increase the capacity of the Strategy Team and share ideas freely.
- Come to the team with an interest in becoming an EDI strategist, not just an EDI technician.
Technical Assistance and Capacity-Building
- Support and contribute to technical assistance activities for clients, teams, and organizations.
- Develop technical assistance tools, assessments, and processes independently or with a team.
- Contribute to webinars, conference calls, and face-to-face meetings and trainings as needed to support program and organizational goals.
- Coordinate program logistics, schedules, timelines, and other project administration activities.
Support scheduling and planning for all meetings and trainings for Strategy Team
Curriculum Development, Training, and Education
- Assist in the development and delivery of online and in-person curricula and training modules independently or with a team.
- Conduct research on topics, data, and resources to support training and tool development.
- Support planning and implementation of facilitated meetings and events.
Research, Writing, Communications, and Marketing
- Coordinate and contribute to qualitative and quantitative research and analysis.
- Write online content for commonhealthaction.org and social media in support of organizational and programmatic communications strategies.
- Contribute to the development of presentations, brochures, and other materials for use during program-related activities and for presentation at professional conferences.
Learning, Organizational Strategy, and Development
- Engage in relationship-building with other organizations and individuals, independently and with a team.
- Support the development of products and tools that can advance organizational EDI trainings and strategy for our clients.
- Provide technical, logistical, and administrative support for learning and strategy client activities, internal planning meetings, production of reports and materials, as well as client relationship management.
Communications and Marketing
- Contribute to blog posts, case studies, and online content for commonhealthaction.org and social media in support of organizational and programmatic communications strategies.
- Develop PowerPoint presentations, data visuals, brochures, and other materials for use during program-related activities and for presentation at professional events.
- Contribute to the development and visibility of CommonHealth ACTION’s brand and messaging while identifying opportunities to market programs and services.
- Adhere to CommonHealth ACTION’s administrative and recordkeeping guidelines to support accurate bookkeeping and documentation.
- Complete other tasks as assigned.
EMPLOYMENT STANDARDS & CONDITIONS
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant professional field preferred; minimum of two to four years’ full-time professional experience required.
- Strong understanding of public health and the protection of the public’s health.
- A general understanding of equity, diversity, and inclusion concepts, including both theory- and practice-based knowledge is a plus.
- Ability to take initiative and contribute to problem-solving.
- Versatility and strength in both written and verbal communications.
- Willingness to engage in continuous learning and training.
- Professional and political acumen, diplomacy, and tact.
- Positive, collaborative, compassionate, and solutions-focused temperament.
- Microsoft Office skills required (i.e., Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; Publisher a plus)
- Experience conducting Web research
- Experience with web and social media tools such as Zoom, WebEx, Teams Meetings, Smartsheet, Canva, Constant Contact, Twitter, Facebook,
- LinkedIn, Instagram, etc. preferred.
TITLE: At the time of this posting, the position title is Program Associate. CommonHealth ACTION is a growing organization and while the exact title of this position may change during the hiring process, the nature of the position and the associated responsibilities are accurately reflected above and will not change significantly.
JOB CLASSIFICATION: Exempt.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Program Manager, Organizational Change & Strategy
HIRING SALARY RANGE & BENEFITS: $48,000 – $60,000; Salary is contingent upon available funding and is commensurate with experience and qualifications. CommonHealth ACTION offers a competitive benefits package with annual leave, health/dental/vision/life insurance, and retirement contributions (403b).
NON-DISCLOSURE, NON-COMPETE, AND INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY AGREEMENTS: Employees are required to sign the aforementioned agreements as a condition of employment.
JOB LOCATION: The position could be based in the Washington Metropolitan area or could be full-time remote from another US-based location. Depending on location, the Program Associate may be required to work a schedule that overlaps with the rest of the team. CommonHealth ACTION provides equipment and expense reimbursement for home office set up.
TRAVEL: Local and national travel (approximately 15%–40%) is required. Travel is typically for short-term client-based meetings, trainings, and conferences. If not based in the Washington, DC area, the Program Associate will be required to travel to the CommonHealth ACTION offices in Washington, D.C., approximately once per quarter for in-person staff meetings. Travel duration typically ranges from one day to one week per trip and trip frequency varies by program, client, and organizational needs. CommonHealth ACTION continues to monitor CDC and public health guidelines regarding COVID-19 and has limited local and national travel.
CommonHealth ACTION values a respectful, collaborative work environment. We are committed to providing an equitable and inclusive culture for each employee and across all areas of our work. We support all identities and expressions and are committed to growth in our understanding and support of others. We establish and maintain trustful relationships with all staff, contractors, funders, and partners. We believe that hard work, a focus on quality, and a passion for the public’s health are required to improve the well-being of individuals, families, and communities. CHA looks to all staff to contribute to the effective implementation of programmatic activities and the successful growth of the organization.
About CommonHealth ACTION
CommonHealth ACTION is a national public health organization that develops people and organizations to produce health through equitable policies, programs, and practices. Our vision is an America in which all people have equitable opportunities and neighborhood conditions to achieve their best possible health. At CommonHealth ACTION, we believe that health is a production of society. Our program services include equity assessments and evaluation; Equity Diversity, and Inclusion (EDI) trainings; organizational strategy and culture change; leadership and workforce development; and convening and learning experiences. Please visit www.commonhealthaction.org for more information about our work.