CommonHealth ACTION seeks to invest in a dynamic and energetic Senior Manager who will lead our expanding program portfolio including but not limited to the development and day-of-day management of evaluation and assessments activities for client work and the Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (EDI) Training Institute; implementation of technical assistance; and engagement in organizational and staff development activities.
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
CommonHealth ACTION is a national public health organization that develops people and organizations to produce health through equitable policies, programs, and practices. Our vision is an America in which all people have equitable opportunities and neighborhood conditions to achieve their best possible health. At CommonHealth ACTION, we believe that health is a production of society. Our program services include equity evaluation and assessments; Equity Diversity, and Inclusion (EDI) trainings; organizational strategy and culture change; leadership and workforce development; and convening and learning experiences. Please visit www.commonhealthaction.org for more information about our work.
Candidates must complete the application form and upload a resume and cover letter. Files should be named using this convention: Last name, First Name-Resume and Last Name, First Name-Cover. Should you have any problems with uploading your documents, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOTE: Not following these directions will have an impact on your application. Do not email your documentation; it will not be reviewed if it is not uploaded as requested. All documents must be uploaded by 12:00 Noon, Friday, June 17, 2022. Projected Start Date: August 1, 2022
The Senior Manager of Evaluation & Assessments will lead a small team in designing, managing, and implementing EDI assessments and other evaluation processes for diverse client projects and programs with whom we work to map, make, manage, measure, and master change. The position will contribute to strengthening CommonHealth ACTION’s organizational and staff capacity in designing and implementing effective and robust evaluation methodologies, tools, and techniques for measuring transformation and impact at the organizational and individual levels of our clients and program participants. Additionally, this position requires the ability to present with confidence and conciseness and provide ongoing feedback to diverse client groups on an ongoing basis. Finally, this position requires strong analytical, interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills as well as the ability to exercise discretion, independent judgment, team leadership, and political acumen.
IDEAL CANDIDATE: You hit the ground running. You thrive on creating order and structure while recognizing that change for people and organizations is rarely a linear process. As such, you are able to read and react to real-time situations, assess when people are confused, resistant, or otherwise getting “stuck,” and you take action necessary to get them moving in the right direction. You focus on problem-solving and solutions, not just because you are optimistic, but because you can see the bigger picture even when the entire team may be in the weeds. You are a self-directed and curious learner who is generous with your counsel to others while being open to new perspectives and experiences. You are comfortable working in a fast-paced environment on various programs and have the inherent flexibility to do that well. You are an effective verbal communicator. Not only are you articulate, but you are also comfortable speaking up and speaking out; you use good judgment on when to do both; and you are effective speaking extemporaneously. You have strong writing skills; are a strategic and creative thinker; seek to engage in thought partnership; have an engaging personality and appreciate constructive feedback as a mechanism for professional development and personal growth. You have an understanding of and commitment to the principles of equity, diversity, and inclusion as well as the production of good health for all people. As an insightful leader, you are adept at building and maintaining healthy and productive relationships.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to) the following:
Assessment and Evaluations
- Provide leadership regarding effective evaluation models, methods, and systems.
- Design survey instruments to use in program evaluations and EDI assessments.
- Support and provide guidance about research methods and assessment development strategy.
- Design, conduct, and report results of program evaluations and longitudinal studies.
- Lead the collection, synthesis, and analysis of data as part of program/project evaluations and develop data reports, visuals, and presentations, including program/project recommendations.
- Respond to requests for data or information from other organizational/functional teams and project team members.
- Work collaboratively with other functional teams on the use and interpretation of EDI data.
- Coordinate across client and program teams to provide seamless assessment and evaluation services and support.
- Develop evaluation plans for client projects and EDI assessment and evaluation efforts.
Program and Team Management
- Lead and manage long- and short-term program/project design.
- Develop and lead the Evaluation and Assessments team — building and monitoring the team’s capacity for managing client relationships, implementing effective processes and practices, navigating team dynamics, and delivering high-quality work products.
- Develop, monitor, and manage program timelines, human capital, and budgets to ensure timely, high- quality, and error-free deliverables.
- Use available and emerging technology to lead, manage, and document programs.
- Manage, prepare, and oversee documentation, invoicing, and reporting as required.
- Provide content expertise and knowledge for the design and implementation of programs and projects.
- Serve as programmatic liaison to external partners, including representing CommonHealth ACTION at national, regional, and local meetings.
- Lead, manage, and coordinate programmatic, team, client, and partner relations.
- Negotiate with, monitor, and manage consultants.
- Serve as a Resource Advisor which includes coaching and mentoring staff members; supporting the development and growth of advisees’ professional brands; and managing resources, opportunities, time, and information to ensure advisees can be successful.
- Adhere to CommonHealth ACTION’s administrative and recordkeeping guidelines to support accurate bookkeeping and documentation.
Technical Assistance and Capacity-building
- Design, manage, and provide technical assistance to clients, partners, and programs.
- Conduct and facilitate webinars, conference calls, and face-to-face meetings and trainings as needed to support program and organizational goals.
Curriculum Development, Training, and Education
- Facilitate small and large group meetings.
- Develop and deliver curricula and training modules independently or with a team.
- Facilitate group processes, training, planning, and adult learning activities, independently or with a team.
- Contribute to organizational strategy, business model development, and planning.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of organizational policies.
- Offer new ideas and innovative approaches to support the organization and emerging business.
Research, Writing, and Publications
- Manage and conduct environmental scans that identify needs, trends, and best practices in support of programmatic and organizational processes.
- Conduct and coordinate research activities to support program and portfolio development.
- Develop publications and reports through collaborative writing.
Communications and Marketing
- Write blog posts, case studies, and online content for commonhealthaction.org and social media in support of organizational and programmatic communications strategies.
- Develop PowerPoint presentations, data visuals, brochures, and other materials for use during program-related activities and for presentation at professional events.
- Contribute to the development and visibility of CommonHealth ACTION’s brand and messaging while identifying opportunities to market programs and services.
- Research, identify, and secure funding through the development of bids and concepts.
- Seek and build relationships with individuals and organizations to create opportunities for new business.
- Identify opportunities to increase and diversify revenue streams as aligned with the business strategy.
- Adhere to CommonHealth ACTION’s administrative and recordkeeping guidelines to support accurate bookkeeping and documentation.
- Complete other tasks as assigned.
EMPLOYMENT STANDARDS & CONDITIONS
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND PERSONAL AFFECT: A graduate degree is required. Candidates may hail from fields outside of public health or public policy but must have at least eight (8) years of progressive management experience and responsibility.
- Thorough knowledge of the principles, practices, and procedures of research and program evaluation practices.
- Ability to communicate ideas clearly and concisely both orally and in writing.
- Must have strong report writing skills, advanced statistical analysis skills, and project management skills.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel and SPSS.
- Must have a knowledge of measurement theories and experience with the design, validity, and reliability of instruments.
- Advanced understanding of public health and the production of the public’s health.
- Advanced understanding of equity, diversity, and inclusion concepts (such as power, privilege, and oppression), including both theory- and practice-based knowledge.
- Ability to work with and across sectors (e.g., communities, corporations, government, and academia).
- Ability to cultivate and sustain strong partner/client relationships on behalf of the organization.
- Ability to align organizational priorities and values with funders’ and partners’ priorities.
- Demonstrated experience writing proposals and other written publications.
- Experienced and effective technical assistance provider.
- Experience working with executive leadership preferred.
- Knowledge and experience with strategic planning preferred.
- Creative program and evaluation design; system and process development; and problem-solving skills.
- Understanding of change and change management in organizations, communities, institutions, and systems.
- Professional and political acumen, diplomacy, tact, and common sense.
- Positive, collaborative, compassionate, and solutions-focused temperament.
- Demonstrated experience facilitating difficult discussions and processes with groups from varying demographic backgrounds, experiences, and learning needs.
- Knowledge of health and wellness programs preferred.
- Microsoft Office skills required (i.e., Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; Publisher a plus).
- Experience conducting Web research
- Experience with web and social media tools such as Zoom, WebEx, Teams Meetings, Smartsheet, Canva, Constant Contact, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, etc. preferred.
TITLE: At the time of this posting, the position title is Senior Manager. CommonHealth ACTION is a growing organization and while the exact title of this position may change during the hiring process, the nature of the position and the associated responsibilities are accurately reflected above and will not change significantly.
JOB CLASSIFICATION: Exempt.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Director, Program Strategy
HIRING SALARY RANGE AND BENEFITS: $75,000 – $90,000; Salary is contingent upon available funding and is commensurate with experience and qualifications. CommonHealth ACTION offers a competitive benefits package with annual leave, health/dental/vision/life insurance, and retirement contributions (403b).
NON-DISCLOSURE, NON-COMPETE, AND INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY AGREEMENTS: Employees are required to sign the aforementioned agreements as a condition of employment.
JOB LOCATION: The position could be based in the Washington Metropolitan area or could be full-time remote from another US-based location. Depending on location, the Senior Manager may be required to work a schedule that overlaps with the rest of the team. CommonHealth ACTION provides equipment and expense reimbursement for home office set up.
TRAVEL: Local and national travel (approximately 15%–40%) are required. Travel is typically for client-based meetings, trainings, and conferences. If not based in the Washington, DC area, the Program Manager will be required to travel to the CommonHealth ACTION offices in Washington, D.C., approximately once per quarter for in-person staff meetings. Travel duration typically ranges from one day to one week per trip and trip frequency varies by program, client, and organizational needs. CommonHealth ACTION continues to monitor CDC and public health guidelines regarding COVID-19 and has limited local and national travel.
CommonHealth ACTION values a respectful, collaborative work environment. We are committed to providing an equitable and inclusive culture for each employee and across all areas of our work. We support all identities and expressions and are committed to growth in our understanding and support of others. We establish and maintain trustful relationships with all staff, contractors, funders, and partners. We believe that hard work, a focus on quality, and a passion for the public’s health are required to improve the well-being of individuals, families, and communities. CHA looks to all staff to contribute to the effective implementation of programmatic activities and the successful growth of the organization.
About CommonHealth ACTION
CommonHealth ACTION is a national public health organization that develops people and organizations to produce health through equitable policies, programs, and practices. Our vision is an America in which all people have equitable opportunities and neighborhood conditions to achieve their best possible health. At CommonHealth ACTION, we believe that health is a production of society. Our program services include equity assessments and evaluation; Equity Diversity, and Inclusion (EDI) trainings; organizational strategy and culture change; leadership and workforce development; and convening and learning experiences. Please visit www.commonhealthaction.org for more information about our work.