CLERK, SENIOR LEVEL – TEMPORARY
Public Health Clinic Services Registration
Monthly Salary Range: $3,946.42 – $5,039.75
Contra Costa Health Services currently has temporary, senior-level Clerk positions in Public Health Clinic Services Registration. Incumbents will perform a variety of clerical and customer service duties while providing patient assistance. Registration staff is often the first contact a patient has with our health care system. Incumbents must possess excellent customer service skills, be patient advocates, and be able to work closely with clinical staff to ensure clinic flow.
Responsibilities may Include, but are not limited to:
· Interviewing patients face-to-face to obtain demographic and financial information that is essential to registering the patient into the billing system, prior to their clinic appointment.
· This process involves a complex coding system, which must be applied on-line during the patient interview. Individuals must be dependable, able to follow established procedures with the ability to use good judgment and be a valued member of the registration team.
· Incumbents receive day-to-day direction from the Clerical Supervisor, and/or Clinic Services Manager.
· Occasional travel throughout various clinic sites.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Under this Position Include:
· Clerical procedures and practices.
· Cash handling and collecting payments from patients.
· Correct punctuation, spelling and correct grammatical usage together with a good vocabulary.
· Addition, subtraction, multiplication and division including decimals and percentages.
· Filing, indexing and cross-referencing methods.
· The operation of commonly used types of office machines and the ability to train and instruct others in their use.
· Deal professionally and effectively with all levels of staff, patients and/or their families, in person and via the phone.
· Communicate clearly and effectively.
· Initiate and answer correspondence independently.
· Prepare clear and concise reports.
· Understand and carry out oral and written directions.
· Deal tactfully and courteously with the public and technical and professional personnel.
Experience: Three years of full-time responsible clerical experience, at least six months of which must have been at the experienced clerical level, or Animal Services Clerk level in Contra Costa County.
Additional Requirements: The ability to type at a speed of not less than 40 words per minute from clear manuscript or printed or typewritten copy. Employees who are in positions which do not require typing, or classifications which require typing at a lower speed, may be required to demonstrate their ability to type 40 words per minute before appointment, transfer or reassignment into positions requiring typing.
For consideration, please submit your resume and cover to Marlen Mollique at Marlen.Mollique@cchealth.org
THE COUNTY OF CONTRA COSTA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND VALUES DIVERSITY AT ALL LEVELS OF THE ORGANIZATION
Contra Costa Health Services is committed to creating a diverse workforce at all levels of employment. Candidates from diverse communities are highly encouraged to apply. It is the policy of Contra Costa County to consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, ancestry, medical condition, genetic information, military, or veteran.
About Contra Costa County Health Services
See ad copy.