Crowell & Moring International LLC (C&M International or CMI) is a global government relations, public policy, and public affairs consulting firm that helps clients shape the international regulatory landscape to support innovation, sustainable growth, and commercial competitiveness. For more than thirty years, C&M International’s team of public policy experts, former trade negotiators, economists, and bio-medical scientists has worked with clients to resolve commercial and trade challenges, clear political hurdles, and shape policies and regulations in key international markets.
For the health and safety of the workforce, Crowell & Moring International LLC is requiring that all prospective employees present proof that they are fully-vaccinated and—if eligible—boosted against COVID-19, or seek a reasonable accommodation for religious or medical reasons, prior to their first day of employment. Prospective employees who are fully-vaccinated but not yet eligible for a booster shot will be required to obtain a booster within one week of eligibility as a condition of continued employment. Crowell & Moring International LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Crowell & Moring International LLC will engage in the interactive process with candidates who are unable to be vaccinated and/or boosted due to a sincerely held religious belief or medical reasons and explore what, if any, reasonable accommodations Crowell & Moring is able to offer.
C&M International seeks motivated candidates as a paid, temporary research associate to assist with C&M International’s work on global trade, health, digital transformation and regulatory policy. At this time, and for the foreseeable future, this is a hybrid role with time split between work-from-home and being in the office.
Research associates will have opportunities to contribute strategic ideas to global policy work at C&M International and are considered an integral part of the team. The candidate hired into this position will assume several responsibilities that include:
- Conducting research on trade, health and other international policies and writing memoranda for clients, internal and external use.
- Closely monitoring developments on international trade, health, digital transformation and other major economic policies.
- Analyzing domestic, regional, and international policy and regulatory issues, and assisting in the design, development, and implementation of strategies to help shape them.
- Attending think tank events, Congressional hearings, and industry meetings and producing summary reports for external and internal use.
- Tracking key developments and activities among industry, civil society partners and associated firms to assess potential opportunities for public engagement.
- Drafting of memos, presentations, talking points, briefing books, leave-behinds, and other materials to support internal client strategy development and external advocacy.
- Preparing for and supporting engagements between business executives, top government officials, and civil society leaders in the United States and around the world.
- The candidate will work across multiple workstreams on a broad range of topics, communicating with project teams on status and progress.
The ideal candidate is ambitious, organized, resourceful, and tenacious in their research engagements. The position requires excellent written and oral communication skills, with an understanding of how this is communicated to internal and external audiences.
Candidates must have a track record of strong academic achievement and a demonstrated interest in international trade, health policy, digital, economic policy, public affairs and/or global affairs. Graduate students in related fields are preferred, but applications from accomplished junior and senior undergraduates are also welcomed.
Fluency in written and spoken English is required. Proficiency in additional language(s), such as Mandarin Chinese or Spanish, is a plus.
Instructions for Interested Candidates
Interested candidates should submit a one-page cover letter, one-page resume, and a 1-2 page writing sample. This position may be filled on a rolling basis.
Crowell & Moring LLP and Crowell & Moring International LLC take great pride in our positive, friendly culture that rewards hard work and success, at the same time recognizing the importance of family and community service.
Crowell & Moring LLP participates in the E-Verify program.