Administrative Assistant 2 – Environmental Health
The Delaware Public Health District is offering an outstanding opportunity for a Full-Time Administrative Assistant 2 for the Environmental Health Division to ensure the efficient day-to-day support functions of the Division and support the work of management and staff.
This individual will perform administrative functions in a fast-paced work environment related to a variety of environmental programs focused primarily on permitting, scheduling, data entry, receiving and collecting payments, program reporting, and customer service. The successful candidate should have experience with multitasking, prioritizing, handling calls and providing quality service to the public, community partners and agency staff.
High school diploma or GED and 1-3 years’ experience is required, and advanced skills in Microsoft Word processing, spreadsheets, and databases required.
Pay and Benefits:
The Delaware Public Health District has achieved Public Health Accreditation Board (PHAB) accreditation, distinguishing it as a top health department, and prides itself on offering an outstanding array of benefits and incentives, including:
· Starting pay for an AA2 is $17.55/hr and may be adjusted commensurate with experience.
· Excellent paid leave (vacation, sick, personal), including 11 holidays and 20 hours admin leave
· Outstanding benefits including medical, dental, vision, FSA, LTD, Life, EAP and many wellness perks
· Exceptional Retirement package. Employer covers the entire PERS contribution amount.
· Tuition Reimbursement
· Professional development and training
· Volunteer paid time off
Applicants may apply via agency website at www.delawarehealth.org/careers