The Department of Children and Families (DCF) is seeking dynamic, and mission-driven Social Workers! In this role, you will help to provide services to help children in need who may be experiencing foster care, homelessness, abuse and neglect. You will interact with children, family members and guardians to develop a helping relationship and ensure needed supports and services are provided.
- Assess, evaluate, conduct initial and ongoing case management of children/family services, and needs.
- Develop, review, update and ensure implementation of strength-based service plans for each child in care or custody including risk assessment, safety plans and goals.
- Attend home and foster care visits; transport children to health, social services or other agency-related appointments as required.
- Empower families to make stable commitments to children by providing counseling and coordinating visits with biological parents and/or guardians and other relatives.
- Attend weekly supervision, weekly staff meetings, in-service training, and team meetings.
- Maintain ongoing communication with DCF staff and other constituencies, initiate court action when necessary.
- Complete all documentation in accordance with agency and regulatory requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in social work, psychology, sociology, counseling, counseling education or criminal justice or a relevant human services degree.
- Current valid licensures as a Licensed Social Work Associate, Licensed Social Worker, Licensed Certified Social Worker or Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker issued by the Massachusetts Board of Registration, OR willingness to obtain LSWa within 9 months of employment.
Valid driver’s license and reliable access to a vehicle.
Keywords: social work, social worker, clinician, counselor, case management, crisis, intervention, community health, children, families, youth, BA, bachelor, LSWA, LSW, LCSW, LICSW, in home therapy, IHT, CBHI, therapeutic, behavioral support, PBS, state job
Job ID: 210000HY