This Project Associate role at Diversity Science is a career opportunity for an individual with a solid background in one or more areas of the social sciences, strong skills in the areas described below, and a commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. You must have strong skills in coordinating projects and work groups, excellent written and verbal communication skills, self-regulation and self-management skills, and work effectively and supportively in teams and on your own. Priority will be given to candidates with an understanding of/experience with healthcare organizations, healthcare providers, or healthcare professional education.
We have needs in two overlapping areas of the company. Many of us work across areas. We encourage candidates who can either cross the areas OR candidates who have especially deep skills in one of the areas.
Area One: Our Organizational Inclusive Climate Assessment team needs someone to assist with all aspects of the conduct of organizational surveys.
- The successful Project Associate candidate should have basic quantitative analysis skills using statistical software, be able to communicate statistical results in visual, written, and spoken (presentation) formats. They should also be able to write reports suitable for a broad audience using survey results. The ability to build and maintain strong client relationships is essential. This position requires at least two years in a similar role. Dataset management skills are a plus but not required.
- The successful Project Associate I candidate will meet the requirements of a Project Associate and add over three years of experience with organizational survey design and administration, insight into respondent communications for response-rate maximization, proven ability to create and deliver effective client presentations, and show developing leadership skills.
- The successful Project Associate II candidate will meet the requirements of a Project Associate I candidate and be at the Ph.D. level or equivalent. They will have proven leadership skills, a strong sense of how to create a maintain teams in a positive, inclusive, and supportive environment, deep insight into the science on factors that affect an organization’s inclusion climate, impeccable writing skills, creativity, and excellent judgment and client relationship skills. This position prepares the candidate for the Scientist career track.
Area Two: Our Online Facilitated (Instructor Led) Training team needs a wide array of support, ranging from training coordination to participation in training development and delivery.
- The successful Project Associate candidate will have experience with adult learners, enjoy keeping track of a multitude of details, have strong team coordination skills, and pride themselves in making sure everything runs smoothly. They will write using correct grammar, sentence structure, and punctuation, will build and maintain strong client relationships, have excellent Microsoft Office skills, be painstakingly detail oriented when proofing and developing training materials, will be interested in identifying and using innovative approaches for online facilitated learning.
- The successful Project Associate I candidate will meet the requirements for a Project Associate and have additional skills in translating complex concepts in ways that are understandable to adult lay audiences, a deep understanding of the principles of effective facilitation for adult learners, and experience with adult curriculum or training design experience. Experience with evaluating training programs strongly desired. Proven skills in explaining complex concepts through storytelling are strongly desired.
- The successful Project Associate II candidate will meet the requirements for a Project Associate I, have a Ph.D. or equivalent knowledge and experience, will have a strong understanding of the social and cognitive psychological research literature on cognitive and social biases, inter-group relationships, person-perception, and organizational psychology, and will have an interest in improvement and evaluation fo training programs. This position prepares the candidate for the Scientist career track.
Given the wide variety of projects, you will be tasked with quickly getting up to speed on the types of activities, deliverables and milestones involved and adjusting project plans as priorities and resources change. In addition, you will be responsible for promoting positive, warm, and productive relationships within the organization. Since we are a small, lean startup, you must be willing to pitch in where needed to help ensure the company’s success. There may be career advancement opportunities as our company grows.
This is a remote, work-from-home position. While there is some flexibility in the specific hours regularly worked, we have clients and staff all over the United States, so you will need to be available for client meetings in various time zones and for staff meetings during Pacific time business hours.
Required qualifications include those listed above. All positions at all levels require:
- A Masters (MA, MS, MPH, MSW, etc) degree or Ph.D. or equivalent experience, depth of knowledge, and skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office (including Excel and PowerPoint) and Project Management software
- Evidence of effectiveness in:
- Coordinating teams (staff and internal resources)
- Building and maintaining client relationships
- Leading project planning sessions
- Managing project progress and adapting work as required
- Ensuring projects meet deadlines
- Careful documentation; overseeing incoming and outgoing project documentation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Capacity to manage high-stress situations
- Ability to multi-task and manage various project elements simultaneously
- Interpersonal and perspective-taking skills
Diversity Science Employee Success Factors
We have identified essential characteristics of people who thrive at Diversity Science. Please review them carefully to decide if our company is a good fit for you. Due to word count limitations in LinkedIn job postings, you will be sent a copy of these success factors upon receipt of your application.
Compensation and Benefits
- Targeted salary of 55k-125k, commensurate with job complexity, the level of contribution to company success, and experience, education, and skills
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- FSA contributions matched up to $2,750
- Life insurance
- Paid vacation, sick time, and holidays
- Participation in the Diversity Science 401k plan
Our Commitment to Each Other
We believe that diversity makes us better. We believe that inclusion helps us thrive. We believe that equity is imperative. We are therefore committed to creating a collaborative workplace where we all can show up authentically and contribute fully to our shared mission. In our work and workplace, we are always guided by our values:
- Strength-focused: we will empower each other by recognizing, valuing, and building on our diverse and unique strengths.
- Learning-focused: we will continuously learn from each other by creating a safe space for growth.
- Evidence-focused: we will be effective and innovative by leveraging the best available science.
- Mission-focused: we will always act in service of supporting clients and partners in advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in all aspects of our work.
We are proud and committed to being an equal-opportunity employer. We seek out and value diversity of backgrounds, social positions, experiences, skills, and perspectives.
TO APPLY (PLEASE READ):
Please send the following documents to email@example.com:
- Up-to-date resume
- Cover letter
- In your cover letter or separately, please let us know why you are a good fit for this position and why Diversity Science is a good fit for you.
- Please tell us if you are interested in the Inclusive Organizational Climate Assessment Area. If so, you will be sent a very brief activity to complete. We normally post this with the job description, but a survey response graphic is included, and graphics are not permitted on the this posting platform.
*APPLICANTS WHO DO NOT SUBMIT ALL DOCUMENTS (INCLUDING THE BRIEF ACTIVITY MENTIONED ABOVE) WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.*
About Diversity Science (Institute for Equity & Inclusion Sciences)
Diversity Science is a public-benefit company based in Portland, Oregon, that champions an evidence-based approach to equity and inclusion. We translate the latest research from the social and organizational sciences into practical and effective tools to create diverse, equitable, and inclusive organizations. Our team, which includes people from across the country, is made up of experts and practitioners who bring perspectives from behavioral health, organizational management, and diversity, equity, and inclusion practice. This is a fully remote position with limited travel. For more information about our company, please visit www.diversityscience.org.