Title: Senior Strategic Information & Evaluation Officer
Department: Strategic Information & Evaluation
Location: Washington, DC or remote
Reports To: Associate Director, Strategic Information & Evaluation
Classification: Full-time, Exempt
Please Note: All US employees of Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including remote staff. Proof of vaccination will be required. The Foundation will provide reasonable accommodations based on medical or religious grounds.
How will you fight for an AIDS-free generation?
The Senior Strategic Information and Evaluation (SI&E) Officer will work as a key member of the global Strategic Information and Evaluation (SI&E) team, providing high level monitoring and evaluation (M&E) support to EGPAF’s programs and leading the Foundation’s efforts on the M&E of TB and TB/HIV.
No two days are alike at EGPAF, but what can you expect as a Sr Strategic Information & Evaluation Officer?
· Serves as the Foundation’s lead expert on M&E of TB and/or TB/HIV, developing the Foundation’s M&E framework on TB and TB/HIV and setting up an organization-wide monitoring and reporting system
· Acts as the primary focal M&E focal point for 3-4 country HIV programs, providing day to day technical and analytical data-related support
· Produces robust, interactive training curricula and instruction manuals on various M&E and data related topics and undertakes data analysis trainings and workshops for a wide variety of technical stakeholders
· Conducts M&E portfolio assessments, M&E needs assessments, and data quality audits to identify areas of weakness within programs
· Designs M&E and learning plans (MEL plans), results frameworks, logic models, and theories of change for current and new projects
· Develops data analysis plans and learning agendas for a wide variety of technical stakeholders
· Proactively analyzes program data (clinical and non-clinical) on a quarterly, monthly, and weekly basis and shares insights derived from them with global and country teams
· Contributes summary data and visuals to Foundation briefings, policy statements, and media releases
· Produces program briefs and scientific articles documenting program successes to disseminate promising practices and lessons learned
· Designs and undertakes HIV program evaluations and/or operations research studies
To be successful, you will have:
· Master’s degree in epidemiology, demography, or public health, preferably with a focus in HIV/AIDS
· Minimum 7 years of experience in the area of M&E, international health program evaluation and/or health research
· In depth knowledge of TB and/or TB/HIV epidemiology, clinical care, and service delivery cascade
· Demonstrable experience in TB and/or TB/HIV program performance measurement, including indicator selection, target setting, database management, and developing M&E and/performance monitoring plans
· Excellent grasp of conducting TB and/or TB/HIV program evaluations, including drafting protocols and designing data collection instruments
· Demonstrable experience in using a variety of quantitative methodologies for data analysis of large data sets, including analyses using statistical software such as STATA or SAS
· Excellent command of R, Power BI, Tableau, and/or other data visualization software
· Demonstrable experience in successfully writing M&E/technical briefs, abstracts, and manuscripts
· Demonstrable experience in creating curricula and delivering trainings to M&E field officers on a variety of M&E and data-related topics
· In depth knowledge of PEPFAR reporting requirements and systems
Bonus points if you have:
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills in French
· Demonstrable experience working within multi-cultural and multi-national teams, including with Ministries of Health and/or other implementing partners
· Ability to travel internationally approximately 25% of the time
As a global, multinational and multicultural organization, EGPAF believes that diversity in the workplace enriches our work and enhances our impact and effectiveness. We believe that employees have the right to work in a climate of mutual respect and integrity that promotes dignity and respect for all, and that enables them to reach their full potential. The Foundation is committed to advancing diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging (DEI&B), and we strongly encourage those with the following identities to apply: people of color, women and non-binary, individuals with diverse gender and gender identities and/ or sexual orientations, individuals with disabilities, and other members of historically underrepresented groups.
EGPAF is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment regardless of race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to country law requirements, EGPAF complies with US laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the Foundation has facilities.
The Foundation does not charge any fees at any stage of the recruitment process. If you are asked to pay a fee at any stage of recruitment, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation
The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation, a non-profit organization, is the world leader in the fight to eliminate pediatric AIDS. Our mission is to prevent pediatric HIV infection and to eliminate pediatric AIDS through research, advocacy, prevention and treatment programs. For more information, please visit http://www.pedaids.org.