Epilepsy Foundation seeks a visionary, forward-thinking leader with an entrepreneurial spirit for their next Chief Executive Officer (CEO). The CEO will oversee a complex organization and provide vision, strategic direction, and leadership to expand the breadth of the organization to further support the nearly 3.4 million individuals nationwide with epilepsy, their caregivers, and healthcare providers. Reporting to the Board of Directors, this individual will be responsible for overseeing a budget of $20 million, leading approximately 90 employees within the national organization and local chapters, and 900 volunteers within its network to ensure collaboration and growth towards the common goal to provide better therapies and management of epilepsy.
Founded in 1968, the Epilepsy Foundation of America has a network of partners throughout the United States that work together to promote awareness, advocate for laws that matter to people with epilepsy, and advance the development of therapies and treatment for people with epilepsy. For more than five decades, the Epilepsy Foundation and its network of nearly 50 partners have helped to:
- Connect people affected by epilepsy to treatment, support and resources.
- Fund innovative research and the training of specialists.
- Educate the public about epilepsy and seizure first aid.
The successful candidate will ideally bring some combination of the following:
- A track record of excellence in senior leadership positions, ideally from a complex, multi-site or a federated model nonprofit human service organization. Alternatively, transferable for-profit experience combined with a demonstrated passion for the Epilepsy Foundation’s mission.
- A personal tie or affiliation to epilepsy or a significant network in the epilepsy community.
- Experience in public health, medical research or another disease related nonprofit.
- Success in motivating, recruiting, developing, retaining, and mentoring high performance, mission-driven, and results-oriented teams.
- The ability to inspire and influence others and to communicate a sense of mission and purpose.
- The ability to relate comfortably with a variety of donors and partners and, ideally, successful experience with individual, corporate, government and foundation fundraising.
- Experience working collaboratively with a Board of Directors in executing a vision and mission.
- A bachelor’s degree is required; an advanced degree is preferred.
Compensation & Additional Considerations
The annual salary range for this position is $300,000 to $350,000 plus bonus based on performance. A comprehensive and competitive benefits package will be provided. There is a small office in Washington, D.C. where the CEO could work, or the CEO could work remotely and reside anywhere in the U.S. There is an expectation that the CEO will travel regularly.
Epilepsy Foundation has retained Morris & Berger to conduct the CEO search. To view the full position description, please click here. To apply, please submit an application, including a resume and a letter of interest, in confidence to Morris & Berger through their website here.