This position will support the financial operations of the Forum for Collaborative Research (Forum).
- Applies professional financial and accounting concepts to independently perform analyses of moderately complex financial services related to fundraising support including assisting with development of grant budgets, drafting of grant spending reports and reconciliation reports.
- Prepares reports and analyses to include summaries of financial transactions, evaluation of current and proposed services, etc. for management review and decision-making.
- Under general supervision, researches and gathers information from a variety of sources; prepares and summarizes information and reports relative to new services, regulatory compliance issues and/or vendor selection and support activities.
- Research also a variety of sources, including websites, and financial documents to identify new donors.
- Assists with ensuring that financial processing functions which may include accounts payable, accounts receivable, purchasing, recharge billing, travel/entertainment, gift accounting, cashiering and collections are performed with accuracy and that daily operations run smoothly.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in related areas and/or equivalent experience or training
Location: UCDC campus in Washington, DC
About Forum for Collaborative Research
The Forum, founded in 1997, is a public/private collaboration addressing cutting edge science and policy issues through a process of stakeholder engagement. The mission of the Forum is to facilitate collaborative research in drug development. Current areas of focus include HBV, HIV, non-alcoholic fatty liver disease/non-alcoholic steatohepatitis, primary sclerosing cholangitis, rare diseases, ocular diseases, and transplantation associated viral infections. The Forum has a unique and complex structure that includes stakeholder partners such as patients/patient advocates, academia, governmental agencies, industry, insurers, professional societies, and other relevant entities.