This is a temporary, full-time position
Connect passion with purpose. The Georgia Department of Public Health is the lead agency entrusted by the people of Georgia to proudly protect lives and promote healthy lifestyles in diverse communities statewide. We are committed to the health of the population of Georgia as our work impacts past, present and future generations.
What we offer. Enjoy a generous benefits package that includes a flexible work schedule, unique training opportunities, engaging worksite wellness events, wellness breaks, lactation rooms, employee retirement plan, deferred compensation, 13 paid holidays, vacation and sick leave, dental, vision, long term care, and life insurance; in addition to telework opportunities depending on the position.
Make your mark in public service. As an accredited public health department, we’re seeking a highly qualified candidate for the position of Customer Service Representative within the Division of Chief of Staff Section/VITAL RECORDS.
Won’t you join us?
Under general supervision, works and communicates with the general public, internal customers and/or external customers to provide information and services targeted to meet customer expectations. May resolve complicated issues involving customer service and/or researches governing policies, procedures or laws to respond to clients or visitors.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reviews constituents’ identification and documentations related to a vital records request to ensure information is valid and in order.
- Researches intensive and complex Vital Records requests submitted through the internal Vital Records system.
- Contacts other Vital Records’ departments, constituents and/or government agencies as needed to research and/or provide information on constituents’ request to expedite high quality customer service.
- Registers and documents requests and any updated information into tracking system.
- May contact constituents or government agencies, attorneys, judges, and/or county custodians to gather missing information to complete requests.
- Performs other assignments as required.
Training and Experience:
- Excellent customer service, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrates outstanding level of professionalism in providing administrative support, including ability to exercise good judgment, discretion, tact, and diplomacy.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to be flexible to handle multiple priorities and to work limited overtime as necessary.
- Good analytical, organizational, and time management skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
High school diploma or GED AND completion of 90 quarter hours (60 semester hours) at an accredited college or university,
One year of experience in a customer service setting communicating information,
One year of experience required at the lower level Customer Svc Rep 1 (GST120) or position equivalent.
Preference will be given to applicants who in addition to meeting the minimum qualifications possess the following:
- Associate degree from an accredited college or university AND One year of related experience OR Three years of related experience.
- Five years prior experience in a business/service environment with proven research and troubleshooting skills, including 2 years in an escalated customer service resolution position (Tier II Representative, Help Desk Support, Problem Resolution, etc.)
- Knowledge of Vital Records policies.
About Georgia Department of Public Health
Georgia Department of Public Health Commissioner and leaders encourages all employees to engage in regular wellness activities and to make lifestyle choices that promote health and well-being.
The use of wellness breaks during the workday is authorized to support this philosophy and assist employees in meeting their wellness goals. A maximum of 30 minutes in a given workday may be used to engage in wellness activities, generally in the form of two 15-minute breaks or one 30-minute break.
Current State employees are subject to State Personnel Board rules regarding salary.
DPH accepts educational credential recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) and/or the US Department of Education (DOE) will be considered. DPH will contact educational institutions to verify degree, diploma, licensure, etc.
The candidate selected for this position may be subject to pre-employment drug screening and a criminal background check.
As an employee of DPH, in the event of an identified emergency you may be required, as a term and condition of employment, to assist in meeting the emergency responsibilities of the department.
If you require accommodations under the American Disability Act (ADA), email request by the closing date of this announcement to: DPH-HR@dph.ga.gov.
DPH is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide information on application status by phone or e-mail. All qualified applicants will be considered, but may not necessarily receive an interview. Selected applicants will be contacted by the hiring agency for next steps in the selection process. Applicants who are not selected will not receive notification.
This position is subject to close at any time once a satisfactory applicant pool has been identified.
TO APPLY: In order to successfully apply for a position; the hiring agency requires interested applicants to complete the GA Department of Public Health’s Online Employment Application.
This job application can be found at www.dph.georgia.gov. Click on "About DPH" and then “Careers” and locate this position, click “Apply” and begin your application.
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY FOR THIS POSITION AT www.dph.georgia.gov