Connect passion with purpose. The Georgia Department of Public Health is the lead agency entrusted by the people of Georgia to proudly protect lives and promote healthy lifestyles in diverse communities statewide. We are committed to the health of the population of Georgia as our work impacts past, present and future generations.
What we offer. Enjoy a generous benefits package that includes a flexible work schedule, unique training opportunities, engaging worksite wellness events, wellness breaks, lactation rooms, employee retirement plan, deferred compensation, 13 paid holidays, vacation and sick leave, dental, vision, long term care, and life insurance; in addition to telework opportunities depending on the position.
Make your mark in public service. As an accredited public health department, we’re seeking a highly qualified candidate for the position of Public Health Infrastructure, Program Evaluator within the Office of Public Health Informatics in Atlanta, Georgia.
Won’t you join us?
- Develop performance evaluation plans for priority evaluation activities, including logic models, evaluation questions, and identification of appropriate evaluation methods and design to address the purpose and scope of DPH’s Strengthening Public Health Infrastructure Initiative/Program, which includes addressing health equity.
- Lead collection, analysis, interpretation, and presentation/reporting of performance data, both qualitative and quantitative.
- Collect statistical and narrative data across DPH units to form a cohesive understanding of progress in relation to milestones and targets.
- Engage with DPH leadership and staff, as well as partners such as CDC, to inform and refine all aspects of the evaluation.
- Collaborate with DPH leadership on initiative/program implementation and monitoring of progress on all evaluation activities.
- Work closely with DPH leadership to identify program improvement, potential gaps, and provide evaluation-related technical assistance.
Master’s degree in a related field from an accredited college or university AND One year of experience required at the lower level Prgm Consultant 1 (GSP090) or position equivalent.
- Master’s Degree or higher in Public Health, Quality Improvement, or a closely allied field.
- Three (3) or more years of direct program evaluation experience to include development, collection, analysis, and presentation of process and outcomes measures with recommendations.
- Previous CDC program and/or grant evaluation experience.
- Basic knowledge of statistics and quantitative research
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Ability to develop a monitoring and evaluation plan for activities that is cross-cutting and highlights challenges and successes for DPH.
- Ability to evaluate the effectiveness of process and outcomes measures and provide recommendations.
- Ability to work and effectively communicate with multiple stakeholders.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products, particularly Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
About Georgia Department of Public Health
Georgia Department of Public Health Commissioner and leaders encourages all employees to engage in regular wellness activities and to make lifestyle choices that promote health and well-being.
The use of wellness breaks during the workday is authorized to support this philosophy and assist employees in meeting their wellness goals. A maximum of 30 minutes in a given workday may be used to engage in wellness activities, generally in the form of two 15-minute breaks or one 30-minute break.
Current State employees are subject to State Personnel Board rules regarding salary.
DPH accepts educational credential recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) and/or the US Department of Education (DOE) will be considered. DPH will contact educational institutions to verify degree, diploma, licensure, etc.
The candidate selected for this position may be subject to pre-employment drug screening and a criminal background check.
As an employee of DPH, in the event of an identified emergency you may be required, as a term and condition of employment, to assist in meeting the emergency responsibilities of the department.
If you require accommodations under the American Disability Act (ADA), email request by the closing date of this announcement to: DPH-HR@dph.ga.gov.
DPH is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide information on application status by phone or e-mail. All qualified applicants will be considered, but may not necessarily receive an interview. Selected applicants will be contacted by the hiring agency for next steps in the selection process. Applicants who are not selected will not receive notification.
This position is subject to close at any time once a satisfactory applicant pool has been identified.
TO APPLY: In order to successfully apply for a position; the hiring agency requires interested applicants to complete the GA Department of Public Health’s Online Employment Application.
This job application can be found at www.dph.georgia.gov. Click on "About DPH" and then “Careers” and locate this position, click “Apply” and begin your application.
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY FOR THIS POSITION AT www.dph.georgia.gov