This is a GRANT FUNDED position and is subject to available grant funds.
Positions Available In:
Connect passion with purpose. The Georgia Department of Public Health is the lead agency entrusted by the people of Georgia to proudly protect lives and promote healthy lifestyles in diverse communities statewide. We are committed to the health of the population of Georgia as our work impacts past, present and future generations.
What we offer. Enjoy a generous benefits package that includes a flexible work schedule, unique training opportunities, engaging worksite wellness events, wellness breaks, lactation rooms, employee retirement plan, deferred compensation, 13 paid holidays, vacation and sick leave, dental, vision, long term care, and life insurance; in addition to telework opportunities depending on the position.
Make your mark in public service. As an accredited public health department, we’re seeking a highly qualified candidate for the position of Public Health Registered Nurse.
Won’t you join us?
Under general supervision, provides professional nursing care in accordance with nurse protocols, policies and/or procedures. Focuses on the prevention of illness, injury or disability, the promotion of health and maintenance of the health of populations. Cares for population with special needs during disasters/emergencies and biological and chemical protocols.
- Identifies high risk populations and tailor interventions based on the needs of the population and the resources available.
- Provides treatments, administers medications/vaccines and provides preventive and maintenance care to patient/families consistent with care plan and/or physician treatment plan.
- Screens and refers clients to other community services providers.
- Participants in the planning, organizing and evaluation of program areas to insure the goals and objective(s) of the program are met.
- Provides case management services (home visits, clinic referrals, patient education/ counseling) to clients with STDs
- Provides clinical services to target population.
- Applies principles of population health to practice.
- Conducts comprehensive assessments of clients health care needs.
- Conducts community needs assessment.
- Develops comprehensive plans care for individuals, families and populations.
- Modifies client treatment plans as indicated by clients’ responses and conditions.
- Provides health education instruction and/or classes to individuals, families, for the promotion and maintenance of health.
- Coordinates program services with other service providers and community organizations to promote optimal implementation.
- Develops and sustains community partnerships.
Bachelor’s degree in Nursing from an accredited college or university AND Current Georgia license to practice as a Registered Professional Nurse AND CPR certification,
Associate’s degree/diploma in Nursing from an accredited college AND One year of PHN experience AND Completion of a PHN course within one year of hire AND Current Georgia Registered Professional Nurse license AND CPR certification.
About Georgia Department of Public Health
Georgia Department of Public Health Commissioner and leaders encourages all employees to engage in regular wellness activities and to make lifestyle choices that promote health and well-being.
The use of wellness breaks during the workday is authorized to support this philosophy and assist employees in meeting their wellness goals. A maximum of 30 minutes in a given workday may be used to engage in wellness activities, generally in the form of two 15-minute breaks or one 30-minute break.
Current State employees are subject to State Personnel Board rules regarding salary.
DPH accepts educational credential recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) and/or the US Department of Education (DOE) will be considered. DPH will contact educational institutions to verify degree, diploma, licensure, etc.
The candidate selected for this position may be subject to pre-employment drug screening and a criminal background check.
As an employee of DPH, in the event of an identified emergency you may be required, as a term and condition of employment, to assist in meeting the emergency responsibilities of the department.
If you require accommodations under the American Disability Act (ADA), email request by the closing date of this announcement to: DPH-HR@dph.ga.gov.
DPH is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide information on application status by phone or e-mail. All qualified applicants will be considered, but may not necessarily receive an interview. Selected applicants will be contacted by the hiring agency for next steps in the selection process. Applicants who are not selected will not receive notification.
This position is subject to close at any time once a satisfactory applicant pool has been identified.
TO APPLY: In order to successfully apply for a position; the hiring agency requires interested applicants to complete the GA Department of Public Health’s Online Employment Application.
This job application can be found at www.dph.georgia.gov. Click on "About DPH" and then “Careers” and locate this position, click “Apply” and begin your application.
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY FOR THIS POSITION AT www.dph.georgia.gov