Connect passion with purpose. The Georgia Department of Public Health is the lead agency entrusted by the people of Georgia to proudly protect lives and promote healthy lifestyles in diverse communities statewide. We are committed to the health of the entire population as our work impacts past, present and future generations.
What we offer. Enjoy a generous benefits package that includes a flexible work schedule, unique training opportunities, engaging worksite wellness events, wellness breaks, lactation rooms, employee retirement plan, deferred compensation, 13 paid holidays, vacation & sick leave, dental, vision, long term care, and life insurance; in addition to telework opportunities depending upon the position.
Make your mark in public service. As an accredited public health department, we’re seeking a highly qualified candidate for the position of Quality Assurance Tester to join the Division of Information Technology in Atlanta, G.A.
Won’t you join us?
The incumbent of this position will support Electronic Health Records (EHR) systems that ensure provision of services and care for prevention and health promotion. Apply knowledge and skillset to support EHR projects that will enhance functionality for care management, practice management, claiming and payment, pharmacy, and analytics.
Under general supervision, responsible for coordinating and performing quality testing efforts for business units, systems, and projects. Drafts and implements quality assurance testing standards for individual project and system needs. Ensures product/system quality through testing and auditing. Utilize best practice standards to improve quality, customer experiences, and end-user experiences. Serves as subject matter expert, providing authoritative guidance and assessments for Office of Information Technology projects.
This is a GRANT FUNDED position and is subject to available grant funds
- Manage quality assurance testing process with creation and execution of test plans, test cases, and test data for manual testing and automated scripts.
- Ability to generate manual and automated test scripts to support business requirements.
- Analyze system needs, requirements, technology components and serve as Subject Matter Expert.
- Coordinate with business units to define testing scope within release context and project schedule.
- Apply appropriate test measurements and metrics for system/application testing activities to isolate, replicate, and report defects.
- Accountable for quality test results, reports, fact-based findings, alternate solutions to ensure successful system implementations.
- Generate detailed analysis and evaluation of defects and issues with proposed solutions to address quality gaps.
- Performs research and analysis of business cases, requirements, and quality testing solutions.
- Coordinate with technology teams to ensure defined testing and environment readiness standards.
- Clearly define system defects and align them with business requirements.
- Create metrics to measure application quality and defect tracking.
- Generates, presents, distributes standard and ad-hoc reports and makes recommendations based on relevant findings.
- Transforms business analytics into solutions that provide information to drive improvement of delivery of services and decision support.
- Oversees the tracking/reporting of testing data and defect management.
- Coordinates testing activities and data collection with internal and external customers.
- Assists with orientation, training, or providing task guidance of junior team members.
Bachelor’s degree in a related field
Associate degree in a related field AND two years of related experience
Two years at the lower level or equivalent (ITP060.)
- One (1) to Three (3)+ experience in software/application testing
- One plus (1+) years of demonstrated experience with automated testing tools
- Ability to focus on deadlines and deliverables
- Ability to define test data and requirements
- Strong communication skills
- Strong analytical abilities
About Georgia Department of Public Health
Georgia Department of Public Health Commissioner and leaders encourages all employees to engage in regular wellness activities and to make lifestyle choices that promote health and well-being.
The use of wellness breaks during the workday is authorized to support this philosophy and assist employees in meeting their wellness goals. A maximum of 30 minutes in a given workday may be used to engage in wellness activities, generally in the form of two 15-minute breaks or one 30-minute break.
Current State employees are subject to State Personnel Board rules regarding salary.
DPH accepts educational credential recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) and/or the US Department of Education (DOE) will be considered. DPH will contact educational institutions to verify degree, diploma, licensure, etc.
The candidate selected for this position may be subject to pre-employment drug screening and a criminal background check.
As an employee of DPH, in the event of an identified emergency you may be required, as a term and condition of employment, to assist in meeting the emergency responsibilities of the department.
If you require accommodations under the American Disability Act (ADA), email request by the closing date of this announcement to: DPH-HR@dph.ga.gov.
DPH is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide information on application status by phone or e-mail. All qualified applicants will be considered, but may not necessarily receive an interview. Selected applicants will be contacted by the hiring agency for next steps in the selection process. Applicants who are not selected will not receive notification.
This position is subject to close at any time once a satisfactory applicant pool has been identified.
TO APPLY: In order to successfully apply for a position; the hiring agency requires interested applicants to complete the GA Department of Public Health’s Online Employment Application.
This job application can be found at www.dph.georgia.gov. Click on "About DPH" and then “Careers” and locate this position, click “Apply” and begin your application.
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY FOR THIS POSITION AT www.dph.georgia.gov