Temporary Remote Work
Connect passion with purpose. The Georgia Department of Public Health is the lead agency entrusted by the people of Georgia to proudly protect lives and promote healthy lifestyles in diverse communities statewide. We are committed to the health of the entire population as our work impacts past, present and future generations.
What we offer. Enjoy a generous benefits package that includes a flexible work schedule, unique training opportunities, engaging worksite wellness events, wellness breaks, lactation rooms, employee retirement plan, deferred compensation, 12 paid holidays, vacation & sick leave, dental, vision, long term care, and life insurance; in addition to telework opportunities depending upon the position.
Make your mark in public service. As an accredited public health department, we’re seeking three (3) highly qualified candidates for the position of Contracts and Procurement Specialist, in the Division of Finance, Office of Procurement Services.
Won’t you join us?
Under broad supervision this position works with the assigned manager to support the coordination of contracts and procurement services.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for end-to-end supply management processes including competitive bidding, contract administration, supplier performance management, and life-cycle contracting processes.
- Develops, implements and manages contracts and service level agreements for the procurement of goods, services and leases including creation, reviewing and approval routing of Contract Action Requests (CAR) and requisitions, Contract Shells, Contract Amendments, Renewals, Extensions, and Terminations and Settlement Agreements.
- Identifies, develops and utilizes effective supply chain tools and technologies to accomplish agency procurement objectives.
- Works with internal and external stakeholders to understand requirements, specifications, facilitate vendor selection and negotiate agreements on behalf of DPH using appropriate tools and processes including RFP’s, RFQ’s, and RFI’s.
- Develops and maintains business relationships with internal and external customers.
- Reviews non-contracted purchases to identify opportunities for standardization, contracting and cost reduction.
- Facilitates the approval, prioritization and sourcing process for agency-approved capital items.
- Responsible for regular reporting of department metrics as requested by the Procurement and Contracting Director.
- Provides technical guidance and assistance in the preparation of contract proposals to ensure consistency with contract policies and procedures.
- Interacts with DPH and other state government entities as appropriate or required.
- Develops pricing agreements and contracts for services to ensure maximum value on behalf of the agency.
- Identifies trends, discrepancies, and variances to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of operations.
- Assists with orientation, training, or providing task guidance of junior team members.
Bachelor’s degree in business or related field from an accredited college or university AND Four years of experience related to area of assignment.
Note: An equivalent combination of education and job specific experience that provided the knowledge, experience and competencies required to successfully perform the job at the level listed may be substituted on a year-over-year basis.
5+ years procurement and contracting experience in the public sector
2+ years PeopleSoft Financials software experience
Georgia Certified Purchasing Associate (GCPA)
Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including Excel, Word, Outlook, SharePoint
About Georgia Department of Public Health
Georgia Department of Public Health Commissioner and leaders encourages all employees to engage in regular wellness activities and to make lifestyle choices that promote health and well-being.
The use of wellness breaks during the workday is authorized to support this philosophy and assist employees in meeting their wellness goals. A maximum of 30 minutes in a given workday may be used to engage in wellness activities, generally in the form of two 15-minute breaks or one 30-minute break.
Current State employees are subject to State Personnel Board rules regarding salary.
DPH accepts educational credential recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) and/or the US Department of Education (DOE) will be considered. DPH will contact educational institutions to verify degree, diploma, licensure, etc.
The candidate selected for this position may be subject to pre-employment drug screening and a criminal background check.
As an employee of DPH, in the event of an identified emergency you may be required, as a term and condition of employment, to assist in meeting the emergency responsibilities of the department.
If you require accommodations under the American Disability Act (ADA), email request by the closing date of this announcement to: DPH-HR@dph.ga.gov.
DPH is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide information on application status by phone or e-mail. All qualified applicants will be considered, but may not necessarily receive an interview. Selected applicants will be contacted by the hiring agency for next steps in the selection process. Applicants who are not selected will not receive notification.
This position is subject to close at any time once a satisfactory applicant pool has been identified.
TO APPLY: In order to successfully apply for a position; the hiring agency requires interested applicants to complete the GA Department of Public Health’s Online Employment Application.
This job application can be found at www.dph.georgia.gov. Click on "About DPH" and then “Careers” and locate this position, click “Apply” and begin your application.
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY FOR THIS POSITION AT www.dph.georgia.gov