Connect passion with purpose. The Georgia Department of Public Health is the lead agency entrusted by the people of Georgia to proudly protect lives and promote healthy lifestyles in diverse communities statewide. We are committed to the health of the entire population as our work impacts past, present and future generations.
What we offer. Enjoy a generous benefits package that includes a flexible work schedule, unique training opportunities, engaging worksite wellness events, wellness breaks, lactation rooms, employee retirement plan, deferred compensation, 13 paid holidays, vacation & sick leave, dental, vision, long term care, and life insurance; in addition to telework opportunities depending upon the position.
Make your mark in public service. As an accredited public health department, we’re seeking a highly qualified candidate for the position of STD Clinical Liaison located in Atlanta, GA to join the Division of Medical and Clinical Services, Infectious Disease Section.
Won’t you join us
- Collaborate and expand the network of primary care settings, community health centers, and institutions to provide technical assistance to develop, implement, and improve STD screening, testing, treatment, and partner notification
- Assess factors shaping the adoption of standard STD clinical services and identifying barriers to implementation
- Conduct STD in-service training and outreach to community partners and stakeholders
- Research and recommend STD best practices for community partners and stakeholders
- Collaborate and facilitate the development and integration of best practice operating STD services initiatives and activities.
- Develop and implement strategies and plans for meeting STD program community outreach objectives
- Work with prevention training center to coordinate STD training
- Conduct needs assessment for 18 health districts for STD services and training
- Develop trainings based on identified needs assessment and survey results
Master’s degree in Nursing, Public Health or related field from an accredited college or university AND One year of PHN experience AND Current Georgia Registered Professional Nurse license AND CPR certified,
Bachelor’s degree in Nursing from an accredited college or university AND Three years of PHN experience AND Current Georgia Registered Professional Nurse license AND CPR certified.
About Georgia Department of Public Health
Georgia Department of Public Health Commissioner and leaders encourages all employees to engage in regular wellness activities and to make lifestyle choices that promote health and well-being.
The use of wellness breaks during the workday is authorized to support this philosophy and assist employees in meeting their wellness goals. A maximum of 30 minutes in a given workday may be used to engage in wellness activities, generally in the form of two 15-minute breaks or one 30-minute break.
Current State employees are subject to State Personnel Board rules regarding salary.
DPH accepts educational credential recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) and/or the US Department of Education (DOE) will be considered. DPH will contact educational institutions to verify degree, diploma, licensure, etc.
The candidate selected for this position may be subject to pre-employment drug screening and a criminal background check.
As an employee of DPH, in the event of an identified emergency you may be required, as a term and condition of employment, to assist in meeting the emergency responsibilities of the department.
If you require accommodations under the American Disability Act (ADA), email request by the closing date of this announcement to: DPH-HR@dph.ga.gov.
DPH is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide information on application status by phone or e-mail. All qualified applicants will be considered, but may not necessarily receive an interview. Selected applicants will be contacted by the hiring agency for next steps in the selection process. Applicants who are not selected will not receive notification.
This position is subject to close at any time once a satisfactory applicant pool has been identified.
TO APPLY: In order to successfully apply for a position; the hiring agency requires interested applicants to complete the GA Department of Public Health’s Online Employment Application.
This job application can be found at www.dph.georgia.gov. Click on "About DPH" and then “Careers” and locate this position, click “Apply” and begin your application.
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY FOR THIS POSITION AT www.dph.georgia.gov