Connect passion with purpose. The Georgia Department of Public Health is the lead agency entrusted by the people of Georgia to proudly protect lives and promote healthy lifestyles in diverse communities statewide. We are committed to the health of the population of Georgia as our work impacts past, present and future generations.
What we offer. Enjoy a generous benefits package that includes a flexible work schedule, unique training opportunities, engaging worksite wellness events, wellness breaks, lactation rooms, employee retirement plan, deferred compensation, 13 paid holidays, vacation and sick leave, dental, vision, long term care, and life insurance; in addition to telework opportunities depending on the position.
Make your mark in public service. As an accredited public health department, we’re seeking a highly qualified candidate for the position of Nurse Case Manager with the District 2 Ryan White Program in Gainesville, Georgia.
Won’t you join us?
The Ryan White Program at District 2 Public Health provides outpatient medical and supportive services to uninsured and underinsured adults who have been diagnosed with HIV/AIDS in North Georgia (covers 13 counties). Under broad supervision, provides professional nursing care in accordance with nurse protocols, policies and/or procedures. Focuses on the prevention of illness, injury, or disability, the promotion of health and maintenance of the health of populations. Cares for population with special needs during disasters/emergencies and biological and chemical protocols. The job includes significant amounts of critical thinking, coordination, and multi-tasking, but the ideal candidate will know when to slow down, look patients in the eye and provide personalized service.
- Performs clinical duties for HIV positive individuals with general supervision per protocol. Clinical duties include: immunizations, STD screening and treatment, physicals, GYN examinations, and referrals for vision/dental/primary care/mental health services.
- Consults with infectious disease and primary care physicians as needed to address patient needs and concerns.
- Develops and updates Individual Service Plans (ISPs) and Acuity Scales at least every 6 months.
- Initiates and completes Medical/Psychosocial referrals.
- Enrolls and completes new and reenrolling client intakes to facilitate linkage to care.
- Monitors daily clinic schedule for missed appointments and medical adherence (noncompliance) to ensure viral load suppression and continued linkage to care.
- Completes 3rd party prior authorizations for medication payment.
- Reviews and completes Social Security HIV/AIDS Medical Verification Forms
- Uses CAREWare and VHN (electronic health records system) to document all medical and supportive services.
- Assures all deliverables are met in accordance with the Ryan White Part B programmatic annexes and master agreement.
- Assists in gathering and completion of programmatic reports and data.
- Participates in all clinic activities, quality management, consortium, and community initiatives.
- Attends job related conferences and seminars.
- Performs other duties as necessary.
Bachelor’s degree in Nursing from an accredited college or university AND One year of PHN experience AND Current Georgia license to practice as a Registered Professional Nurse AND CPR certification
Associate’s degree/diploma in Nursing from an accredited college AND Two years of RN experience AND Completion of a PHN course within one year of hire AND Current Georgia Registered Professional Nurse license AND CPR certification.
About Georgia Department of Public Health
Georgia Department of Public Health Commissioner and leaders encourages all employees to engage in regular wellness activities and to make lifestyle choices that promote health and well-being.
The use of wellness breaks during the workday is authorized to support this philosophy and assist employees in meeting their wellness goals. A maximum of 30 minutes in a given workday may be used to engage in wellness activities, generally in the form of two 15-minute breaks or one 30-minute break.
Current State employees are subject to State Personnel Board rules regarding salary.
DPH accepts educational credential recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) and/or the US Department of Education (DOE) will be considered. DPH will contact educational institutions to verify degree, diploma, licensure, etc.
The candidate selected for this position may be subject to pre-employment drug screening and a criminal background check.
As an employee of DPH, in the event of an identified emergency you may be required, as a term and condition of employment, to assist in meeting the emergency responsibilities of the department.
If you require accommodations under the American Disability Act (ADA), email request by the closing date of this announcement to: DPH-HR@dph.ga.gov.
DPH is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide information on application status by phone or e-mail. All qualified applicants will be considered, but may not necessarily receive an interview. Selected applicants will be contacted by the hiring agency for next steps in the selection process. Applicants who are not selected will not receive notification.
This position is subject to close at any time once a satisfactory applicant pool has been identified.
TO APPLY: In order to successfully apply for a position; the hiring agency requires interested applicants to complete the GA Department of Public Health’s Online Employment Application.
This job application can be found at www.dph.georgia.gov. Click on "About DPH" and then “Careers” and locate this position, click “Apply” and begin your application.
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY FOR THIS POSITION AT www.dph.georgia.gov