Connect passion with purpose. The Georgia Department of Public Health is the lead agency entrusted by the people of Georgia to proudly protect lives and promote healthy lifestyles in diverse communities statewide. We are committed to the health of the population of Georgia as our work impacts past, present and future generations.
What we offer. Enjoy a generous benefits package that includes a flexible work schedule, unique training opportunities, engaging worksite wellness events, wellness breaks, lactation rooms, employee retirement plan, deferred compensation, 13 paid holidays, vacation and sick leave, dental, vision, long term care, and life insurance; in addition to telework opportunities depending on the position.
Make your mark in public service. As an accredited public health department, we’re seeking a highly qualified candidate for the position of Executive Assistant within the North Central Health District located in Macon, GA.
Won’t you join us?
Under broad supervision, performs a wide range of office administration duties for assigned functions or program areas, duties may be complex in nature and may involve access to confidential information. May research, investigate, and/or resolve program data or issues. Drafts documentation, reports, or presentations. Represents program or unit, provides information and assistance to internal and external customers.
Duties to District Health Director (DHD):
- Establishes and maintains a well-organized calendar for the DHD.
- Arranges travel for the DHD. Submits for travel reimbursement within one week of documentation receipt.
- Arranges meetings requested by the DHD including but not limited to facility, equipment and supplies.
- Downloads physicals from the Electronic medical record and promptly prepares them for DHD review.
- Effectively organizes information for presentation to DHD, Executive Leadership Team or other partners as directed by the DHD.
- Attends meetings for/with the DHD, as directed, and prepares reports that are clear, concise and accurately reflect the events of the meeting.
- Works closely and cooperatively with internal and external customers, Board of Health members and District leadership in coordinating activities and communication for the DHD.
- Demonstrates adequate knowledge and understanding of organizational and administrative operations, functions, programs, rules, regulations, policies and procedures and serves as a resource for internal and external customers.
- Clearly and accurately conveys directives, assignments, instructions and information from the DHD to appropriate individuals.
- Resolves or facilitates the resolution of problems and difficult situations in a courteous and professional manner.
- Informs the DHD of potential problems/conflicts within the District when informed of such issues.
- Responsible for reviewing and correcting the format of all draft internal agreements prior to submitting to the DHD for signature.
Liaison Duties Between Board of Health Members and DHD:
- Coordinates BOH schedules and attends County Board of Health meetings when requested.
- Assures DHD items, issues, outbreaks, etc., are communicated to BOH Chairman.
- Explains procedures and policies related to Board of Health operations accurately and thoroughly and provides supplemental information as needed to County Administration staff and BOH Chairs.
- Responds to questions and concerns by boards of health members on behalf of the DHD and responds as appropriate.
- Supports county office managers as needed with GPHA registration for board members.
- Keeps the DHD informed of board member concerns & needs.
- Maintains an up-to-date member list for all 13 counties.
- Assures Oaths of Office for new members on file and new board members receive the board of health handbook.
Associate’s degree from an accredited college AND Two years of related experience,
Four years of related experience.
- At least 3 years of Public Health experience.
About Georgia Department of Public Health
Georgia Department of Public Health Commissioner and leaders encourages all employees to engage in regular wellness activities and to make lifestyle choices that promote health and well-being.
The use of wellness breaks during the workday is authorized to support this philosophy and assist employees in meeting their wellness goals. A maximum of 30 minutes in a given workday may be used to engage in wellness activities, generally in the form of two 15-minute breaks or one 30-minute break.
Current State employees are subject to State Personnel Board rules regarding salary.
DPH accepts educational credential recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) and/or the US Department of Education (DOE) will be considered. DPH will contact educational institutions to verify degree, diploma, licensure, etc.
The candidate selected for this position may be subject to pre-employment drug screening and a criminal background check.
As an employee of DPH, in the event of an identified emergency you may be required, as a term and condition of employment, to assist in meeting the emergency responsibilities of the department.
If you require accommodations under the American Disability Act (ADA), email request by the closing date of this announcement to: DPH-HR@dph.ga.gov.
DPH is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide information on application status by phone or e-mail. All qualified applicants will be considered, but may not necessarily receive an interview. Selected applicants will be contacted by the hiring agency for next steps in the selection process. Applicants who are not selected will not receive notification.
This position is subject to close at any time once a satisfactory applicant pool has been identified.
TO APPLY: In order to successfully apply for a position; the hiring agency requires interested applicants to complete the GA Department of Public Health’s Online Employment Application.
This job application can be found at www.dph.georgia.gov. Click on "About DPH" and then “Careers” and locate this position, click “Apply” and begin your application.
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY FOR THIS POSITION AT www.dph.georgia.gov