Greater New York Hospital Association (GNYHA) is a trade association representing nearly 160 hospitals and health systems in the metropolitan New York area and throughout the State, as well as New Jersey, Connecticut, and Rhode Island.
Reporting to the leadership of GNYHA’s Center for Community Health Equity Policy and Services, the Assistant Director for Health Equity Policy and Services will be responsible for supporting the analysis of current and proposed government health equity-related policy directives, providing technical assistance to GNYHA member hospitals on the implementation of patient-facing health equity initiatives, and implementation of GNYHA pipeline programs that support member leadership diversity initiatives.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the review and analysis of current and proposed federal and state regulations and other policy proposals that impact hospital patients’ rights and health equity operations issues, with a focus on racial and ethnic data collection, disability access, LGBTQ access, and limited English proficiency.
- Support communication of the impact of health equity-related proposals, orally and in writing, to GNYHA staff and member hospitals, to support GNYHA technical assistance and advocacy.
- Support the provision of GNYHA technical assistance to member hospitals on operational issues that support health equity-related services in accordance with best practice and governmental requirements
- Assist in the design and execution of educational programs for GNYHA members, including identifying topics of interest and experts to deliver content and/or personally presenting content.
- Manage GNYHA pipeline training programs that support member hospital management diversity goals.
- Provide project management leadership, including organizing information and tracking, executing, and reporting on project deliverables, managing the logistics of convening members and expert speakers, creating agendas and summaries, and managing team documents
- Partner with internal divisions—including data analytics, quality improvement, legal and regulatory affairs, and public affairs—to design and implement initiatives and programming
- Coordinate and assist in leading GNYHA health equity-related meetings—internal and with member hospital staff—including agenda planning and logistics
- Create content and articles for internal and external publication.
Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree in health policy or administration preferred.
- 5+ years’ experience working in a health care policy role in a government agency, a legislative body, at a health care provider institution, and/or in another health care organization required.
- Strong understanding of the health care regulatory framework required, with an understanding of hospital operations preferred.
- Superior writing and oral communication skills; ability to explain complex topics in an understandable manner; and the ability to facilitate large and small group discussions.
- Ability to creatively solve problems and build relationships with GNYHA members, government agency officials, and outside organizations.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze legislation and regulations.
- Demonstrated experience working on LGBTQ, language access, disability, and/or other health care access issues.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a busy, member service organization.
- Highly organized and strong attention to detail.
- Strong One Drive, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel skills
Work Schedule: A hybrid model with the expectation to be present in the office at least 3 days per week while working remotely the remaining days. This schedule is subject to change as needed.
Company Policy Regarding COVID-19 Vaccinations: GNYHA employees must be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment or be approved for a reasonable accommodation in accordance with applicable law. If hired, a copy of a COVID-19 vaccination card or an accommodation request must be provided to Human Resources.
*Please include a cover letter with your application.*