Job Title: R&E Senior Analyst: Salesforce/Platforms/Dashboard Specialist
Department: Research Department
Supervisor: Director of Outcomes, Research and Evaluation
The R&E Senior Analyst is a critical role within Hanna, responsible for developing and producing data analysis/outcomes within all campus programs, and ensuring data platforms enable efficient and valid data collection, reporting, integration, and dashboarding. Reporting to the Director of Outcomes, Research and Evaluation, the R&E Senior Analyst will work closely with Hanna’s business units to define and contribute to Hanna’s strategic research and program evaluation work, with a statistical focus on the impact and outcomes of Hanna’s programs and services. The Senior Analyst will support the implementation and management of comprehensive evaluation processes that lead to informed decision-making and the delivery of high-quality, data-driven reporting. The R&E Senior Analyst will serve as an organizational resource to provide measurable data and support to the outcomes of research data. This position supports the outcomes evaluation and applied research; helps manage and update data platforms, integration, and dashboard design; and engages staff in evaluation and outcomes procedural trainings and research studies. The Senior Analyst must have the ability to translate complex business needs into technical specifications, design and develop solutions, and test and deploy those solutions into production. Must have a passion for uncovering sensible solutions to complex problems and will work cross-functionally to enhance business processes and the technology used to support them. This role must also be adept and empathetic in communicating, with the ability to help guide the team through new challenges and opportunities by making strong decisions.
• Assists Director with recommendations and will collaborate on research projects that examine changes in practices that benefit outcomes and care using quantitative statistical expertise (SPSS, SAS, Stata, R, Tableau, Excel, Access, etc.).
• Supports staff to examine problems associated with caring for populations by using applied research and evaluation statistical abilities, such as computing t-tests and confidence intervals, multiple independent variables, sampling strategies, pre/post measures of change, etc.
• Assists Director in promoting applied research activities that support Hanna’s mission, goals, and objectives and is mindful of the culture and trauma histories of the populations served.
• Assists Director in recommending and establishing priorities for appropriate and feasible evaluation and applied research studies that meet Hanna priorities.
Data collection and analysis
• Collaborates with Director, Quality, and IT to maintain and integrate data systems and perform analysis using quantitative and qualitative data.
• Identifies methods of data collection and directs development, maintenance, and integration of databases to provide smooth data flow, statistical analysis, and reports for leadership.
• Maintains and updates data platforms, leading and implementing back-end design to meet the changing needs of Hanna staff and evaluation measures.
• Develops guides and trains staff on platforms-related policies and procedures related to data collection and reporting to implement a data-driven culture of consistency, standardization, and operationalization.
• Drafts and presents content on impact evaluation for reports, presentations, or other materials that support the sharing of findings with internal and external audiences.
• Drafts, implements, and monitors quantitative and qualitative tool design and data collection based upon the organization’s needs, including to monitor processes and outcomes of practice and identify areas for improvement efforts.
• Participates in designing meaningful data-driven reports and visualizations for distribution to designated groups of staff (e.g., scorecards, dashboards, or other reporting mechanisms).
• In partnership with Hanna Development Department, the Grants and Programs Manager, and Communications Director, support the Director by contributing to Hanna grant, impact, and program improvement reporting, ensuring that metrics are measured consistently and accurately.
• Collaborate with Director of Public Relations and Development Department broadly to ensure that data is organized and presented in a format that helps external funders understand Hanna’s impact.
• Special projects as required, which may include collaborative assignments with other departments.
Experience, Knowledge, and Skills:
• Enthusiasm and passion for Hanna’s mission and programs.
• 4+ years of experience in research and evaluation data collection and analysis, with a focus on database management/development/reporting; including experience and understanding of Salesforce, preferably in a nonprofit, human service, or government organization.
• Demonstrated quantitative statistical expertise in at least one of the following systems: SPSS, SAS, Stata, R.
• Experience in advanced quantitative tool design and analysis.
• Experience with building data visualizations (Tableau, Canva, PowerPoint, etc.).
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications and Internet applications.
• Demonstrated ability to conduct both process and outcomes-based evaluation and applied research studies, as well as appreciation of appropriate use of qualitative and quantitative methodologies and research designs.
• Knowledge of Results Based Accountability, Continuous Quality Improvement, and equitable evaluation methodologies desired.
• Strong research and analytical skills. Experience preparing and writing research reports and/or proposals, RFIs, RFPs.
• Able to calculate and analyze key metrics and indicators.
• Ability to use secondary databases in addition to primary data collection methods; sound statistical knowledge.
• Team player that works well in collaborative and matrix management situations.
• Highly organized and detail oriented.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to get up-to-speed quickly, work independently and demonstrate solid decision-making skills.
• A strong work ethic and the ability to work as a team player.
• Resourceful, attention to detail, and strong organizational skills including the ability to multi-task,
prioritize efficiently and meet tight deadlines.
• Strong ability to prioritize workload, distill information, synthesize, and communicate effectively with others.
• Capacity to manage and organize sensitive information with attention to compliance, consent, and confidentiality policies.
• Ability to work independently, creatively, and flexibly in a dynamic environment and manage multiple competing deadlines.
• Organized and proactive with proven problem-solving skills and solutions-focused attitude.
• Demonstrate willingness to continue to learn, grow and develop personally and professionally.
• Valid CA state driver’s license.
• Must clear background check for a Community Care Licensed facility, including physical, tb and drug
test. Proof of COVID vaccination or verified medical or religious exemption.
Hanna is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $90,000.00 – $110,000.00 per year