HIPRC is currently hiring for the position of Research Consultant (Req #212097) to serve as Associate Director of HIPRC’s Research Core Team (Location: Seattle, WA or Remote). This person is primarily responsible for collaborating with faculty, fellows, and staff at HIPRC to assist with the development and management of an injury-related program of research, including conducting data analysis. They will provide methodological expertise on study design and data collection approaches and assist HIPRC faculty and trainees with research projects and proposals. The Associate Director will provide administrative leadership to the Research Core team.
Primary responsibilities of this position include:
• Collaborate with faculty and staff at HIPRC to assist with the development and management of an injury-related program of research
• Provide methodologic expertise to HIPRC affiliated faculty and trainees on study design, data collection, and data analysis
• Make significant content contributions to the preparation of research proposals, internal reports,
presentations, and publications
• Contribute to the design, implementation, and maintenance of the information infrastructure within HIPRC in support of research projects
• Conduct advanced data analysis for projects led by HIPRC affiliated faculty
This position will also involve the following duties and competencies:
• Administratively support Research Core operations, including planning and management of Research Core staff time and effort on projects
• Organize and participate in regularly scheduled meetings with Research Core staff and leadership
• Participate in other HIPRC education, training, and community outreach activities that might benefit from or draw upon the expertise of the Research Core
• Master’s degree in quantitative health or social sciences, preferably in epidemiology
• Minimum of 3 years of increasingly responsible and relevant experience in study design and research data management and analysis, preferably in injury research
• Doctoral degree in quantitative health or social sciences, preferably in epidemiology
• Experience managing research teams or supervising research staff
• Expertise in deterministic and probabilistic linkages of large databases
• Experience working with interdisciplinary researchers
• Experience working in an academic research environment
• Interest in trauma and injury control research
About Harborview Injury Prevention & Research Center
The Harborview Injury Prevention & Research Center (HIPRC) is a worldwide leader in injury cause and prevention research. Founded in 1985, we are affiliated with the University of Washington and Harborview Medical Center in Seattle.
We are committed to public engagement and strive to partner with impacted communities in achieving injury prevention and health equity across the lifespan.
HIPRC is a CDC-funded Injury Control Research Center (ICRC). The ICRC network is funded by the CDC’s National Center for Injury Prevention and Control to find ways to prevent injury and violence. HIPRC is the only ICRC in the western half of the United States. HIPRC is a joint initiative of the University of Washington School of Medicine and Harborview Medical Center.