Are you interested in working in a place where your contributions and ideas are valued? A place where you can serve with compassion, make a difference in people’s lives, and pursue excellence? At the Health District, our mission is simple, yet powerful: to enhance the health of our community. We provide dental, mental health, prescription assistance, cholesterol and blood pressure testing, quit tobacco, and health insurance assistance services to the residents of northern Larimer County.
The Health District is seeking a Front Office Associate for our Family Dental Clinic. The Front Office Associate is an ambassador for the Health District providing exceptional customer service to patients and customers. This includes greeting customers, registering patients at check-in and check-out, answering telephones, scheduling appointments, cash management, and/or administrative functions that support the organization’s operations. The Front Office Associate is an important team member in achieving a positive customer experience and helping the organization achieve its goals. This position is considered a highly functioning position where the team member must be able to multi-task while at the same time communicate with various customers. Work schedule may vary depending on the services area assigned.
For full qualifications and responsibilities, please review the job description at www.healthdistrict.org/jobs.
· High school diploma or GED
· A minimum of one year of experience in a dental or medical front desk position
· Two or more years of experiences working in a dental office or high-volume clerical position strongly preferred
· Written and oral fluency in English and Spanish language and experience providing language interpretation in a medical or mental health setting strongly preferred
· Intermediate computer skills
· Proficient math, grammar, spelling, and typing speed of 45 wpm or greater
· Ability to accurately handle cash, checks, credit card transactions and post payments to client accounts and reconcile daily cash receipts
· Must have a high level of cultural competence and ability to effectively interact, work, and develop meaningful relationships with people from diverse backgrounds, including cultural, beliefs, customs, socioeconomic status, abilities, genders and gender identities
· Ability to work with and be sensitive to the needs of those with physical and mental health conditions
· Ability to communicate well verbally and in writing, and to keep accurate records
· Ability to provide outstanding customer service
· Must comply with infection control policies for this position. Requirements include providing documentation of MMR, Varicella, and Tdap immunizations and compliance with tuberculosis training, screening, and testing on hire.
The Front Office Associate:
· Handles multi-line phone system, transfers calls and manages voicemail, takes accurate and complete messages, and makes appropriate referrals
· Books patient/client appointments and processes walk-ins
· Maintains accurate patient paperwork
· Checks patients or clients in and out
· Confirms proper billing of procedures, verifies patient eligibility and insurance information.
· Handles collection of funds for both current and past due amounts; verifies and posts payments to patient account and issues receipts
· Updates patient information in electronic health record to ensure correct fees are charged for services provided.
How to Apply
In addition to submitting your resume, please include a cover letter that details your professional experiences and how your qualifications align with this position.
Send information to Attn: Search Coordinator
Mail: Health District of Northern Larimer County, 120 Bristlecone Drive, Fort Collins, CO 80524, Fax: 970-221-7165 or Email: email@example.com.
Position will remain open until filled.
Join our organization and help us accomplish our goals and make a meaningful impact in our community!
Why work for us
· Our mission is to enhance the health of our community and to achieve this we provide health services that address unmet needs and opportunities in our community.
· We demonstrate dignity and respect for all people and focus on our employees, clients and community.
· Employees are encouraged to develop their skills and knowledge that result in successful performance in their roles/positions.
· We are committed to providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. The Health District does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other applicable status protected by federal, state or local law. Employment decisions at the Health District will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities.
· The Health District provides comprehensive benefits, including (100% or prorated portion) of the cost of medical, dental, low cost vision, 401(a) and optional 457(b) retirement plans, 11 holiday, generous flexible paid time off, and employee wellness and recognition activities.
About Health District of Northern Larimer County
The Health District is a public health agency that provides residents of northern Larimer County with dental, mental health and preventive health services, in addition to connecting people to more affordable prescription and health insurance options.
Products and services:
· Sliding-fee and Medicaid dental services
· Prescription Assistance
· Sliding-fee mental health counseling and mental health referrals
· Low-cholesterol screening
· Quit tobacco counseling
· Assistance with low-cost health insurance options
· Online health information resource
Divisions and departments:
· Advanced Care Planning Team
· Family Dental Clinic
· Health Promotion
· Integrated Primary Care/Mental Health Program
· Larimer Health Connect
· Mental Health Connections
The Health District is viewed as a cutting-edge, model public health agency in many areas, from its collection and use of local health statistics to its commitment to collaborative community problem solving around mental health and dental care.
Joseph Jabaily Public Health Hero Award
Larimer County Department of Health and Environment
Silver Well Workplace Award
Fort Collins Well City Task Force
Spirit of Giving Award
United Way of Larimer County
National Bike Challenge (for workplaces with 100-499 employees)
League of American Bicyclists
Silver Level Bike Friendly Business designation
League of American Bicyclists
Best News/Talk Show Host or Team in a Major Market for “Community at Work” radio show
Colorado Broadcasters Association
Silver Spotlight Award for Health District Compass Newsletter
League of American Communications Professionals
Gold Level Bike Friendly Business designation
League of American Bicyclists
Nonprofit Collaboration of the Year Award (with Homeward Alliance)
Future of company:
Health District strategic priorities are determined by a publicly elected board of directors based on a variety of information, including data from a triennial community health survey.
The Health District is a gap-filling agency that is not in competition with other organizations. However, it does partner with many other local entities, including the Larimer County Department of Health and Environment, Poudre Valley Hospital/University of Colorado Health, SummitStone Health Partners and others.