Are you an experienced behavioral health clinician with management experience who is looking for a new, unique position that has a tremendous impact on the local community? Are you an energetic leader with great organizational, relationship/partnership, and creative skills who is passionate about connecting children and adults to the behavioral health services they need? Our Mental Health Connections Manager position may be a great fit for you!
The Health District is seeking a talented and motivated Manager of our Connections program, a service that is integral to helping community members access behavioral health services that best meet their needs. Connections includes both an Adult Team and the Child, Adolescent and Young Adult Connections (CAYAC) team. Connections includes a team of passionate and highly competent team of psychiatric providers, psychologists, licensed therapists, care coordinators, and support staff.
· Full time exempt position (40 hours per week)
For full qualifications and responsibilities, please review the job description at www.healthdistrict.org/jobs.
Education and Experience
· Master’s degree or higher in a behavioral discipline
· A minimum of five (5) years clinical experience in a behavioral health care setting
· A minimum of three (3) years of experience in:
o Clinical supervisory experience
o Management and leadership experience, including experience developing, implementing, managing and evaluating programs and/or services.
o Experience working with multiple groups, organizations, and/or agencies to achieve collective, identifiable long-term improvements.
The Connections Manager:
· Works with the Director of Health Services and the Connections leadership team to create and implement strategic plans and methods of achieving goals; leading the Connections team; developing and managing the budget and assuring that quality services are provided.
· Maintains and develops important linkages with community partners, including behavioral health providers, primary care providers, schools, and many more. Focuses special effort on increasing effectiveness with populations with populations most impacted by health equity disparities.
· Collects information on service gaps and unmet needs, utilizing it to adapt and improve Connections services, and work with community partners to address needs.
· Works with others to plan for and implement effective community Disaster and Critical Incident Response.
· Oversees a robust community outreach and education effort, in order to help the community better understand mental health and substance use issues, and to be aware of the services available to them.
How to Apply
Provide a cover letter that details your professional experiences and how your qualifications align with this position.
· Submit your cover letter and resume to Search Coordinator,
o Mail: Health District of Northern Larimer County, 120 Bristlecone Drive, Fort Collins, CO 80524 (Attn: Search Coordinator)
o Fax: 970-221-7165 (Attn: Search Coordinator)
o Email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Position will remain open until filled.
Join our organization and help us accomplish our goals and make a meaningful impact in our community!
Why work for us
· Our mission is to enhance the health of our community and to achieve this we provide health services that address unmet needs and opportunities in our community.
· We demonstrate dignity and respect for all people and focus on our employees, clients and community.
· Employees are encouraged to develop their skills and knowledge that result in successful performance in their roles/positions.
· We are committed to providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. The Health District does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other applicable status protected by federal, state or local law. Employment decisions at the Health District will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities.
· The Health District provides comprehensive benefits, including 100% (or prorated portion) of the cost of medical and dental insurance, 401(a) and optional 457(b) retirement plans, optional low-cost vision plan, 11 holidays, generous flexible paid time off, and employee wellness and recognition activities.
About Health District of Northern Larimer County
The Health District is a public health agency that provides residents of northern Larimer County with dental, mental health and preventive health services, in addition to connecting people to more affordable prescription and health insurance options.
Products and services:
· Sliding-fee and Medicaid dental services
· Prescription Assistance
· Sliding-fee mental health counseling and mental health referrals
· Low-cholesterol screening
· Quit tobacco counseling
· Assistance with low-cost health insurance options
· Online health information resource
Divisions and departments:
· Advanced Care Planning Team
· Family Dental Clinic
· Health Promotion
· Integrated Primary Care/Mental Health Program
· Larimer Health Connect
· Mental Health Connections
The Health District is viewed as a cutting-edge, model public health agency in many areas, from its collection and use of local health statistics to its commitment to collaborative community problem solving around mental health and dental care.
Joseph Jabaily Public Health Hero Award
Larimer County Department of Health and Environment
Silver Well Workplace Award
Fort Collins Well City Task Force
Spirit of Giving Award
United Way of Larimer County
National Bike Challenge (for workplaces with 100-499 employees)
League of American Bicyclists
Silver Level Bike Friendly Business designation
League of American Bicyclists
Best News/Talk Show Host or Team in a Major Market for “Community at Work” radio show
Colorado Broadcasters Association
Silver Spotlight Award for Health District Compass Newsletter
League of American Communications Professionals
Gold Level Bike Friendly Business designation
League of American Bicyclists
Nonprofit Collaboration of the Year Award (with Homeward Alliance)
Future of company:
Health District strategic priorities are determined by a publicly elected board of directors based on a variety of information, including data from a triennial community health survey.
The Health District is a gap-filling agency that is not in competition with other organizations. However, it does partner with many other local entities, including the Larimer County Department of Health and Environment, Poudre Valley Hospital/University of Colorado Health, SummitStone Health Partners and others.