Do you believe everyone deserves a healthy smile? Are you committed to providing efficient, quality dental care and teaching the value of oral health? Can you roll with the punches in an environment of change?
The Health District is seeking a caring, friendly and compassionate dental hygienist to join our busy public health dental clinic. Must be team-oriented, reliable, and passionate about providing high- quality care to underserved populations.
Bi-lingual applicants encouraged.
· 20 hrs/wk
For full qualifications and responsibilities, please review the job description at www.healthdistrict.org/jobs.
Education and Experience
· Graduation from an accredited program with a bachelor’s or Associates degree in dental hygiene
· Active Colorado Dental Hygiene license in good standing
· Experience with prophylaxis, debridement, scaling and root planing, and local anesthesia certification
· Flexibility in scheduling and some early evening hours
· Direct patient care required in a clinical setting.
· Experience in hygiene in a public health clinic and/or large volume Medicaid patient panel
· Bilingual (English/Spanish)
· Experience with an electronic dental record system (i.e., Dentrix)
· Provides care to Medicaid and low-income populations of northern Larimer County who are unable to afford the full cost of care
· Works in partnership to support a team of dedicated dentists in providing the highest standard of dental care to our patients
· Performs periodontal cleanings, prophylaxis, community screenings, and patient education
How to Apply
Provide a cover letter that details your professional experiences and how your qualifications align with this position. Applicants who do not provide a cover letter will not be considered.
· Submit your cover letter and resume to Search Coordinator,
o Mail: Health District of Northern Larimer County, 120 Bristlecone Drive, Fort Collins, CO 80524 (Attn: Search Coordinator)
o Fax: 970-221-7165 (Attn: Search Coordinator)
o Email to email@example.com.
Position will remain open until filled.
Must comply with infection control policies for this position. Requirements include providing documentation of MMR, Varicella, and Tdap immunizations and compliance with tuberculosis training, screening, and testing on hire.
Join our organization and help us accomplish our goals and make a meaningful impact in our community!
Why work for us
· Our mission is to enhance the health of our community and to achieve this we provide health services that address unmet needs and opportunities in our community.
· We demonstrate dignity and respect for all people and focus on our employees, clients and community.
· Employees are encouraged to develop their skills and knowledge that result in successful performance in their roles/positions.
· We are committed to providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. The Health District does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, ethnic or national origin, ancestry, age, sex, pregnancy, disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion (creed), political beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws in employment, or in the admission or access to, treatment or participation in, or receipt of the services and benefits under any of its programs, services and activities.
· The Health District provides comprehensive benefits, including (100% or prorated portion) of the cost of medical, dental, low-cost vision, 401(a) and optional 457(b) retirement plans, 11 holiday, generous flexible paid time off, and employee wellness and recognition activities.
About Health District of Northern Larimer County
The Health District is a public health agency that provides residents of northern Larimer County with dental, mental health and preventive health services, in addition to connecting people to more affordable prescription and health insurance options.
Products and services:
· Sliding-fee and Medicaid dental services
· Prescription Assistance
· Sliding-fee mental health counseling and mental health referrals
· Low-cholesterol screening
· Quit tobacco counseling
· Assistance with low-cost health insurance options
· Online health information resource
Divisions and departments:
· Advanced Care Planning Team
· Family Dental Clinic
· Health Promotion
· Integrated Primary Care/Mental Health Program
· Larimer Health Connect
· Mental Health Connections
The Health District is viewed as a cutting-edge, model public health agency in many areas, from its collection and use of local health statistics to its commitment to collaborative community problem solving around mental health and dental care.
Joseph Jabaily Public Health Hero Award
Larimer County Department of Health and Environment
Silver Well Workplace Award
Fort Collins Well City Task Force
Spirit of Giving Award
United Way of Larimer County
National Bike Challenge (for workplaces with 100-499 employees)
League of American Bicyclists
Silver Level Bike Friendly Business designation
League of American Bicyclists
Best News/Talk Show Host or Team in a Major Market for “Community at Work” radio show
Colorado Broadcasters Association
Silver Spotlight Award for Health District Compass Newsletter
League of American Communications Professionals
Gold Level Bike Friendly Business designation
League of American Bicyclists
Nonprofit Collaboration of the Year Award (with Homeward Alliance)
Future of company:
Health District strategic priorities are determined by a publicly elected board of directors based on a variety of information, including data from a triennial community health survey.
The Health District is a gap-filling agency that is not in competition with other organizations. However, it does partner with many other local entities, including the Larimer County Department of Health and Environment, Poudre Valley Hospital/University of Colorado Health, SummitStone Health Partners and others.