Director, Community Information Exchange and Care Coordination Salary: $130,000 – $150,000, annual salary, Exempt
HealthierHere works toward improving and increasing access to whole-person, integrated care in King County, and a key priority has been to strengthen partnerships between clinical providers and community- based organizations addressing social determinants of health (i.e., housing, transportation, food security, employment, etc.). Despite the multiple care coordination programs and initiatives in King County, HealthierHere’s partners repeatedly cite ongoing fragmentation, lapses in communication, and lack of interoperable technologies that persist in and among the many forms of care coordination that individuals experience in King County. HealthierHere is working to improve the Community Based Care Coordination (CBCC) system through collaborative co-design and transformation initiatives.
The Director of Community Information Exchange and Care Coordination will lead efforts to improve the care coordination system collaboratively and strategically for whole person care throughout King County. This position will oversee the Connect2 Community Network (a Community Information Exchange) and collaboratively support Care Connect WA (which provides care coordination specific to COVID prevention and recovery), as well as an evolving community hub model addressing the social determinants of health through the Medicaid Transformation Project 2.0, to ensure alignment of CBCC activities and initiatives.
The community’s vision for the Connect2 Community Network and community hub connects people, service organizations, health care, community, and Tribal partners more quickly and effectively – resulting in a healthier, more equitable community for all. Over the past two years, HealthierHere has convened more than 170 cross-sector partners to design and build the Connect2 Community Network. Learn more by watching this brief video. The Director will oversee day to day operations of the Connect2 Community Network and Community Hub. This includes: managing a dedicated team, overseeing network governance and growth, collaborating effectively with community, tribal, and healthcare partners, identifying and prioritizing use cases and overseeing technology development and integrations. Reporting to HealthierHere’s Chief Health Transformation Officer, this Director will serve on the organization’s leadership team.
HealthierHere aims to build a highly skilled, diverse, and motivated team of employees who prioritize social justice and equity. We are committed to centering community voice and leadership in our efforts to transform systems and improve health for the people in our region.
Lead the development, implementation, and growth of the Connect2 Community Network and Exchange.
• Ensure the successful implementation of the Connect2 Community Network and Exchange.
• Strategize, develop, and iterate on regional community information exchange work in partnership with HealthierHere Staff and health and social service partners, Tribes, state, and other ACHs.
• Participate in and support the Connect2 Advisory Group, a 33-person decision-making body for the Connect2 Community Network, as well oversight of other workgroups.
• Engage community, tribal, and clinical partners that are interested in (or might benefit from) joining the Connect2 Community Network.
• Ensure technology and partner support are aligned with community prioritized use cases and needs (in partnership with Chief Technology Officer).
• Inform, guide system requirements, design, and implementation with teams.
• Provide oversight on training, onboarding, and on-going learning opportunities for Network partners.
• Ensure adequate end-user training and support which results in sustained adoption and utilization.
• Stay abreast of national, state, regional, and local CIE efforts to ensure Connect2 Community Network is building in alignment with other efforts.
• Collaboratively support the implementation of the Care Connect WA program and the evolving Community Hub workstream.
Lead and oversee care coordination system transformation initiatives and activities.
• Lead the strategic planning for the King County Community Based Care Coordination (CBCC) Transformation initiatives.
• Develop theory of change and roadmap for achieving the CBCC system transformation goals.
• Convene, facilitate, and engage with health and social services providers, community-based organizations, Tribes, government, healthcare payor, and business partners to expand and improve care coordination service delivery and launch new initiatives.
• Communicate and work effectively with a wide range of community and clinical partners including behavioral health, health care and social service providers, consumers, tribal members, elected officials, administrators, public health officials, state officials, other ACHs, and others involved in efforts to create forward progress in health equity, social determinants of health and delivery system transformation.
• Provide strategic oversight and active monitoring of multiple care coordination initiatives.
• Represent HealthierHere and relevant care coordination programs and initiatives at local, state, regional, national meetings, and events, to share best practices and lessons learned.
Lead and manage a multi-disciplinary member team.
• Participate in HealthierHere’s Leadership Team, guiding and influencing the strategic growth of programs and the organization, ensuring alignment with other HealthierHere initiatives.
• Provide overall team leadership, including coaching, mentoring, and performance management and operational oversight to all team members.
• Directly supervise a diverse team of program and product managers.
• Oversee technology focused contracts and staff in collaboration with the contracted Chief Technology Officer.
Ensure alignment with HealthierHere initiatives, investments, and values.
• Support HealthierHere in meeting all reporting requirements and all project specific deliverables associated with advancing integrated care.
• Review written communications, including but not limited to blog posts, presentations, funding proposals and reports.
• Assist in identifying and coordinating the collection of successful client stories for HealthierHere communications.
• Identify pathways to financial sustainability with support from Connect2 Advisory Group and HealthierHere’s Director of Development.
• Support writing and management of funding proposals and/ or contracts, as needed.
• Build effective working relationships with peers, leadership, and partners.
• Apply HealthierHere’s equity and inclusion principles to all assignments; promote outreach, inclusion, and active community engagement across a wide array of organizational partners.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Experience, Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills
Candidates will be assessed on a full spectrum of professional, personal, and academic experience. And while no single candidate will bring experience in every aspect of the role, the ideal candidate will enjoy building and nurturing relationships, leading teams, and harnessing collective action to improve how care is delivered in our community. They also bring a passion for improving health equity through deep partnership with community, tribal and clinical organizations. In this dynamic and evolving work no two days will be alike, but we anticipate the incoming Director focusing on the following areas of responsibility:
• Demonstrated experience working with community, tribal, and clinical partners on health equity initiatives.
• Experience designing and implementing technology services across or within sectors.
• Strong orientation to authentic community engagement with experience in community co-design and multi-sector community-led governance structures a plus.
• At least 8 years of experience in program or senior management, including team management, grant reporting, annual budgeting, and financial reporting.
Leadership & Communication:
• Superior interpersonal skills, including the ability to maintain and develop relationships with partners from varying sectors with potentially disparate ideas; compassionate and people oriented.
• The ability to build trust through effective communication while mobilizing people to act.
• Demonstrated ability to lead through changing internal and external contexts.
• Strong relationship builder and communicator with experience leading teams, and the ability to engage effectively with community partners.
• Demonstrated ability to coach and mentor others.
• Excited by the opportunity to transform community-based care coordination in King County, and share our lessons learned nationally.
• Ability to see the big picture, and question assumptions of the current way of doing things.
• Vision to see what is necessary to scale the business and willingness to take risks to achieve goals.
• Resourceful and flexible in the resolution of challenges.
• Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills, collaboration, and a results-oriented vision and focus.
The most competitive candidates will lead with a passion for equity and bring:
• Experience with multi-sector community-based care coordination in King County
• Lived experience navigating health and social services.
HOW TO APPLY
The position is open until filled and initial interviews will begin by late-March, although we highly encourage applying as soon as possible. Please submit a resume and cover letter as a single WORD or PDF document addressed to the hiring committee at: email@example.com
HealthierHere believes in supporting the health and well-being of its staff. HealthierHere contributes up to 5% match into a 403(b)-retirement plan, and pays 100% of employee premiums on select medical, dental and vision plans. HealthierHere offers paid vacation days, 12 holidays, sick leave, mental health days, and professional development opportunities.
As an equal opportunity employer, HealthierHere is committed to a diverse, multi-cultural work environment. HealthierHere does not discriminate in employment based on age, race, creed, gender, religion, marital status, veteran’s status, national origin, disability, or sexual orientation. People of color, women, veterans, people with disabilities, and people of diverse sexual orientations are encouraged to apply.
Schedule and Worksite: This position works full-time Monday – Friday during standard business hours. HealthierHere is currently performing all work remotely during the pandemic. Some of the work may continue remotely on an ongoing basis, depending on business needs. There may be situations where the employee is required to report to an off-site HealthierHere work location. Employees will be provided with a HealthierHere-issued laptop and must maintain a workspace with an internet connection where they can reliably perform work and remain available and responsive during scheduled work hours.
HealthierHere is a non-profit regional collaborative committed to reducing health disparities, advancing equity, and improving the well-being of all people in King County through innovative, cross-sector collaborations. More information about HealthierHere can be found at: https://www.healthierhere.org.