Applicant must submit a cover letter and resume to be considered for this position.
Starting Rate: $31.91 per hour.
If hired for this position, you will be required to provide proof that you are fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to your start date, or have a valid religious or medical reason qualifying you for an exemption (that may or may not require accommodation).
In accordance with all Federal, State, Heluna Health and Public Health Foundation Enterprises (PHFE WIC) policies and procedures, directs all WIC Center operations by performing the following duties personally or through subordinates: enrollment, certification, and issuance of food benefits to WIC clients; provides nutrition and breastfeeding information to WIC clients using the WIC Web Information System Exchange (WIC WISE). Supervises all PHFE WIC client services as well as administrative and personnel functions at an assigned site; complies with breastfeeding policies and requirements to promote, educate and support breastfeeding among all clients and staff; and mandated reporter of suspected child abuse. Reports all situations that are unusual to the supervisor. Maintains courteous and gracious behavior as a WIC representative including excellent customer service to all clients, staff and visitors.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
45% Performs the following functions:
- Serves applicants and participants using the WIC WISE system
- Breastfeeding education and support
- Group facilitated discussions
- Communicate with WIC participants using current technology
35% Assists supervisor with the following functions:
- Staff Management
- Staff Development
- WIC Center Management
- Counseling, documenting, and disciplining staff
- Preparing performance evaluations
- Quality Assurance/WW functions and Management
- Breastfeeding education and support
- Conducting regular staff meetings in absence of supervisor
- Group facilitated discussions
- Liaison between other agencies co-located within the WIC center
15% Performs other duties and responsibilities:
- Assists in upkeep of WIC facilities.
- Able to work at any WIC site based on program necessity.
- Transports staff and supplies to clinic sites as needed.
- Follows up on any issues regarding office equipment and supplies
- Attends all required WIC sponsored training modules, meetings and seminars and is able to apply the training in the WIC setting effectively which results in proficient performance
5% Supports/participates in special projects and outreach activities.
The employee must have the ability to work cooperatively and successfully in a team setting; take care of both internal and external customers; and deal with challenging situations involving the public and/or staff. Uses current computer technology to fulfill job requirements.
May be required to supervise nutritionists, nutrition program assistants, clerks, students, volunteers, or other assigned staff; and carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities can include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN)
- Excellent English verbal, written, and nonverbal communication skills.
- Reads and understands instructions, correspondence, and memos.
- Clearly and concisely expresses information and thought in written form.
- Effectively presents information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Exhibits good listening and comprehension.
- Processes email and messages in a timely manner.
- Keeps supervisors and co-workers adequately informed.
- Attends to detail and follow-up.
- Maintains positive work atmosphere by communicating in a manner that promotes understanding and cooperation with clients, customers, co-workers and supervisors.
- Maintains customer and employee confidence and to protect WIC operations by keeping information confidential.
- Follows PHFE WIC policies and procedures and supports PHFE WIC’s goals and values.
- Follows instructions and responds to management direction.
- Ability to perform basic arithmetic operations.
- Ability to use computer applications like MS Outlook, MS Excel, MS Word and MS PowerPoint.
- Ability to use PHFE WIC internal computer applications and other software products as needed to perform job tasks.
Reasoning Ability, Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
- Ability to problem solve while dealing with the demands of the job.
- Ability to deal with unresolved situations, frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Ability to attend to detail and follow-up.
Certificates, Licenses and Registrations
- Must be able to secure timely transportation to fulfill the requirements of the essential job duties for this position (e.g. floating to other WIC Centers, training modules, seminars, meetings, outreach, main office, and transporting supplies).
- Must have cell phone, home telephone or message phone. All numbers must be current.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be me made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
Handling / Fingering Frequently
Reach Outward Occasionally
Reach Above Shoulder Occasionally
Climb, Crawl, Kneel, Bend Occasionally
Lift / Carry Occasionally – Up to 10 lbs
Push/Pull Occasionally – Up to 10 lbs
Taste/ Smell Not Applicable
Not Applicable Not required for essential functions
Occasionally (0 – 2 hrs/day)
Frequently (2 – 5 hrs/day)
Constantly (5+ hrs/day)
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
General office setting, indoors temperature controlled.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Please include your resume and cover letter with the application.
Apply here: https://recruiting2.ultipro.com/PUB1001PUBH/JobBoard/6705aa07-0bcb-4660-ad1b-2fda952becc7/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=6a78a185-c43f-483f-b491-1aef6a0a87c8
About Heluna Health
Heluna Health is the nation’s premier catalyst for advancing program and support services to optimize population health. A leader in public health partnerships since 1968, Heluna Health partners with academic researchers, government agencies, foundations and private sponsors to offer a suite of program and administrative services.