Working under the direction of the Training and Education Specialist within the Human Resources for Health (HRH) Development Unit, the Training & Education Program Coordinator supports the administration, coordination, and management of various HRH Unit initiatives. The Program coordinator provides overall coordination support for the student global health and training programs at ICAP as well as administrative support for unit led fellowships and various HRH and training initiatives. The Program Coordinator will also serve as study coordinator for unit relevant studies.
Subject to business needs, we may support flexible and hybrid work arrangements. Options will be discussed during the interview process.
- Supports with the administration and coordination of training and education programs. Activities include developing and upkeeping program workplans, scheduling and documenting meeting minutes, coordinating and scheduling activities and events in support of student training activities, logistic planning and organizing student training activities, liaising with other MSPH, CUIMC and external programs to support student program activities as needed. (25%)
- Supports recruitment activities for global health student practicums, fellowship training opportunities, and other education/training initiatives. Supports in development of student recruitment flyers and materials and works with communications team to update ICAP website with student programs. Coordinates overall recruitment process; organizes admissions committee meetings; represents ICAP at student global health programs and events at on/off campus organizations. (25%)
- Serves as the primary point of coordination within ICAP for all matters related to student and fellows training activities including supporting logistics of student internship placements; serves as liaison for fellows and student interns; provides administrative support during internships and practicum activities; prepares student applications for review with by selection committee; supports key administrative and student internship logistics including training reimbursement and coordinates logistic support for student placements, etc. (25%)
- Leads alumni tracking activities including maintenance of alumni tracking portal information as well as training program mentor and faculty information for global health students and fellows. (10%)
- Provides consultation on training programs as requested; represents ICAP at student recruitment events (10%)
- Performs other related duties as assigned (5%)
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in education, training or/and experience
Two (2) years of experience.
- Demonstrated proficiency in coordination of training or education programs
- Experience working with complex programs involving short deadlines and multiple tasks to achieve program results
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (e.g., Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, and organizational skills and ability to work across and with various institutional departments
- Strong communication and collaboration skills and demonstrated experience coordinating events, either remote or in-person
- Demonstrated experience working independently with minimal supervision and working with multiple project directors
- Master’s preferred
- Experience in education/academia, training, curriculum and/or instructional design
- Experience with adult education or demonstrated understanding of adult education theories
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of competency-based training strongly preferred
- Demonstrated experience in study coordination strongly preferred
- Experience supporting distance education trainings, including logistics and telecommunications, and working knowledge of distance education platforms