The New York City Pandemic Response Institute (PRI) represents a landmark endeavor operated by ICAP at Columbia University’s Mailman School of Public Health in partnership with CUNY School of Public Health and other academic, community, government and corporate partners and supported by the New York City Economic Development Corporation (EDC) and other donors and supporters. The vision for PRI is to build sustained, cooperative action to prepare, predict, detect, respond, and recover from major health threats and to reduce the disparities noted in association with the experience of the COVID-19 pandemic in the City of New York. The PRI will address the entire lifecycle of emergency preparedness and response by advancing a dynamic set of activities that increase resilience to the adverse consequences of public health emergencies
Working under the direct supervision and guidance of the Project Director, the Programs & Operations Manager will provide supervision and guidance on operational, logistics and administrative aspects of the PRI and to support the planning and implementation of PRI activities. As a member of the PRI Management team, the manager will provide programmatic and operations leadership to ensure ongoing efforts align with project goals, oversee, and ensure effective implementation and coordination of project activities, and monitor progress of the work of PRI.
Project Design, Performance Monitoring and Implementation Support Functions (45%)
- Provide oversight of and support towards achievement of PRI goals, objectives and activities, including support for PRI technical and cross-cutting groups, development of workplans and monitoring for progress towards specific milestones;
- In collaboration with Director/Principals, draft agendas for PRI meetings and meetings of its Governing Board and Advisory Council;
- Tracks, monitors and reports on project status to ensure activities meet technical and programmatic targets;
- Develops, implements and monitors the implementation of course corrections and adjustments for specific activities;
- Develops ongoing progress reports to be submitted to funders;
- Supports outreach to partner organizations and the engagement/establishment of detailed operational work plans;
- Collaborate with the Project Director to ensure effective utilization of resources in pursuing special projects;
- Oversee all project-related budget projections;
- Oversee the development, completion, and maintenance of all aspects of internal knowledge management for PRI;
- Facilitates the transfer of best practices, lessons learned, job aids, internal project updates and project management & implementation tools across project teams and with partners;
- Works in close collaboration with ICAP Senior Grants Managers, other ICAP New York staff, and PRI’s key partner to ensure that all pre and post-award project/funding requirements are fully addressed for secured funding;
- Provides logistical support, as needed, for project-specific meetings and consultations including visits to hub offices and/or PRI headquarters by PIs, leadership and sponsors.
- Serve as designee of the PRI Project Director as needed
New Business Development (25%)
- Support planning for PRI initiatives, including participation in development planning meetings;
- Serves as Proposal Manager on individual competitive and non-competitive proposals, responsible for the overall coordination of proposal teams, and on-time development of proposal packages including draft and final narratives, workplans and budgets;
- Drafts and contributes specific content for proposals, in relation to PRI’s corporate capabilities, prior performance and experiences;
- Facilitates the generation of proposal content and documentation.
Strategic Planning and Support (25%)
- Assists the PRI Project Director with strategic management support to PRI leadership by facilitating regular engagements with technical working groups and partner management teams;
- Serves as a key liaison between PRI and New York partners and project teams for planning and implementation of projects;
- Supports the drafting and tracking of business development plans and strategies focused on diverse donors;
- Supports planning for and managing of cross-cutting donor-related events and other requirements, dissemination events and high-level site visits;
- Performs reviews of working group-generated programmatic documents, reports and analyses and make modifications as needed prior to submission to PRI Leadership.
Performs other duties, as assigned, by the PRI Program Director (5%)
- Requires Bachelor’s degree in Public Health, Public Administration, International Affairs, related field or equivalent in education and experience
- Master’s degree in public health, policy, management, public administration or related fields preferred
- Five + (5) years of progressive experience in management, research or coordination of projects related to health
- Experience with programs supported by the U.S. Government, other global bilateral organizations or private funders
- Demonstrated project management, strategic planning, and proposal development skills and capacity to think strategically, to facilitate actions to be accomplished across matrixed organizations, to work in multi-partners settings and with a high degree of independence
- Proven capacity in coordinating and supporting teams and liaising with diverse stakeholders
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and Adobe Acrobat.
- May require occasional domestic travel