Reporting to the Senior Manager for Strategic Systems & Operations, the Strategic Systems & Operations Officer provides professional technical, operational, and logistical support for managing key systems, processes, tools, and platforms within and/or led by ICAP’s S&P unit. The goal of the Strategic Systems team is to manage process-oriented, initiatives that strengthen ICAP’s ability to maintain high quality standards and state-of-the-art approaches in implementing business systems, including those that support the grant lifecycle as well as increase overall operational excellence in producing system’s related deliverables that are responsive, efficiently executed, and anchored in best practices.
Subject to business needs, we may support flexible and hybrid work arrangements. Options will be discussed during the interview process.
This position is grant funded.
In close collaboration with the Senior Manager, coordinate ongoing management, optimization, and expansion of ICAP’s comprehensive, custimized, web-based award, proposal, project, and knowledge management platform (built on Mocrosoft SharePoint and Azure), used by over 500 staff in NY and abroad, including:
ICAP Online (30%)
- Backend administration and maintenance of user accounts/profiles (setups, removals, etc.)
- Engagement with ICAP country and New York-based teams with a focus on user orientation and serving as the first point of contact for troubleshooting support, and coordinating escalation for additional technical support as needed (with the vendor and/or ICAP/MSPH IT resources)
- Development and updating of comprehensive user guidance documentation, and support for training/capacity building efforts around IO
- Page creation, document migration, activity template set-up, and other maintenance and optimization processes
- Feature testing, data collation, cleaning, and entry associated with setup and roll-out of new system functionality
- Collection and analysis of data related to system use, help requests, stakeholder feedback, etc.
ICAP Project Performance Insights for Visibility, Oversight, and Tracking (PIVOT) (20%)
Including both a Budgeting module (built on AWS) for development and review of project budgets, and a Reporting module (built on Microsoft PowerBI) for project expense monitoring, the goal of the PIVOT system is to optimize planning, implementation, tracking, and reporting capabilities for increasingly complex programmatic portfolio and funding landscape, by creating a closer link between financial and programmatic data. Working closely with the Senior Manager, as well as the Award Management sub-unit, the Systems & Operations Officer will coordinate processes around data migration/management, training/capacity building, as well as ongoing maintenance and optimization of this newest ICAP system, including:
- Budget and expense data staging and transfer processes
- Feature testing/piloting for roll-out of new functionality
- User guidance development and training implementation
- Coordinating planning, testing, training, and other consultation/feedback sessions for ICAP staff in New York and country offices
- Engaging with ICAP country and New York based teams on technical issues, troubleshooting, and user acceptance initiatives related to the ICAP PIVOT system
- Data collection, cleaning, and management for backend database (based on Excel)
- Backend administration and maintenance of user accounts, budget listings, and related system infrastructure
I-CONNECT (ICAP Intranet) (10%)
Coordinate system administration and maintenance, and support expansion of ICAP’s organization-wide intranet and knowledge sharing platform (built on Atlassian Confluence) used by over 1,400 staff in NY and abroad, including:
- Coordination with various ICAP country staff and New York based staff to inventory and migrate documents and data into new or existing I-
- CONNECT pages as appropriate on an ongoing basis
- Management of user account/profile creation and removal
- Collaborating with the Strategic Communications sub-unit to enhance dynamic knowledge sharing content and capabilities of the system
- Scheduling and logistics for testing, training, and other consultation/feedback sessions for ICAP staff in New York and country offices
S&P Systems Management & Support (10%)
Coordinate implementation and administration of unit-related processes, procedures, and systems, such as:
- Shared unit calendar and meeting/event scheduling/coordination
- S&P unit monthly unrestricted budget and expense tracking
- 15five people management platform (user creation/removal, review cycle setup, data extraction/reporting, etc.)
- As-needed supplemental administrative and logistical support activities for award management and/or proposal actions during particularly high-volume periods
Other Strategic Systems & Operations Initiatives (25%)
- Coordinating processes associated with contact management for all ICAP staff in NY and abroad, including master list administration for additions/removals and associated PIVOT budgeting datasets. Support the development and implementation of further automation and process streamlining via closer integration with ICAP’s evolving domestic and international business systems.
- Contribute to ongoing development and implementation of organization-wide knowledge management initiatives
- Provide technical, operational, logistical, and administrative-focused support as needed to emerging priority tasks related to assessment, implementation/adaptation, and optimization of organizational systems, platforms, technology, tools, and/or processes to strengthen ICAP’s work in NY and country offices.
Perform other related duties as assigned (5%)
- Requires a bachelor’s degree or equivalent in education and experience, plus three years of related experience
- Excellent communication, organizational, interpersonal, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and manage various priorities and projects simultaneously, pivoting as needed based on time-sensitive organizational priorities
- Excellent computer skills, particularly Microsoft Excel
- Master’s Degree in related discipline preferred.
- Experience in web-based systems administration
- Knowledge management expertise
- Experience with grants management, particularly USG funders