Clinical Research Management (Financial Management/Research Billing):
• Assist in the coordination of financial aspects of clinical trial implementation from protocol feasibility through to study closure.
• Comply with internal and external reporting of financial aspects including, but not limited to, research billing in Epic.
• Coordinate with external facilities regarding orders to be billed to research studies instead of insurance or patient.
Quality Assurance/Regulatory Compliance:
• Utilize and adhere to Inova standards, GCP and FDA guidelines to ensure the highest quality research within Inova.
• Demonstrate intensive organizational skills and ability to conform to local organizational standards or to suggest and implement improvements.
• Have the ability and knowledge to identify and suggest solutions to potential quality assurance/regulatory compliance issues, as well as prevent them in the future.
• Communicate effectively and work in collaboration with a team in order to meet research study and departmental objectives. Demonstrate respect and understanding of other clinical disciplines.
• Implement and maintain effective communication and relationships with internal customers including, but not limited to, 10-15 investigators and their office staff members, 4 research team members, and all other surgical staff members.
• Implement and maintain effective communication and relationships with outside representatives from sponsors and grant funding agencies.
• Make a continuous effort to foster self-development, enhance work related skills, and improve job performance and expertise.
• Preferred current certification or qualification for certification through ACRP or SOCRA.
• Preferred at least 2 years coordinating medical and/or device studies sponsored by pharmaceutical/device companies and/or government grants.
• Preferred Masters in scientific field of study but required at least Bachelor in a scientific field of study.
About Inova Health System
Inova is a not-for-profit healthcare system based in Northern Virginia that serves more than two million people each year from throughout the Washington, DC, metro area and beyond. Inova has grown from one hospital in 1956 to a nationally recognized, comprehensive network of hospitals, outpatient services and facilities, primary and specialty care physician practices, and health and wellness initiatives.
Inova's five hospitals include more than 1,700 licensed beds and 16,000 employees. Inova encompasses the full array of health services, including the area’s only Level 1 Trauma Center and Level IV neonatal intensive care unit.
Inova's mission is to improve the health of the diverse community it serves through excellence in patient care, education and research. Inova's service promise is that we seek every opportunity to meet the unique needs of each person we are privileged to serve – every time, every touch.