The Richard M. Fairbanks School of Public Health, in conjunction with the Regenstrief Institute, is seeking a Postdoctoral Fellow/Research Specialist for a National Institutes of Health (NIH) funded fellowship in public and population health informatics. This unique post-doctoral program is located at Indiana University’s Indianapolis campus.
Our fellowship program is looking for people who want to make the world better—and have the innate interest, scientific acumen, and desire to be surrounded by faculty and staff who are committed to transforming the public and population health care system in the US and the globe. Our program prepares Research Scientists to design, implement, and evaluate the impact of information technologies on population health in the context of public health and healthcare delivery organizations. The goal of the fellowship program is to provide individuals with doctoral training who are interested in developing further analytical, methodological, and professional skills needed for informatics positions in academia, government, and industry.
– Participates in public health informatics research under the guidance of a primary mentor.
– Designs, develops, implements, and evaluates information systems that collect, manage and analyze data relevant to public health practice and population health outcomes.
– Designs new studies and grant proposals as well as the execution of existing studies funded through extramural research grants.
– Works on multiple aspects of research projects to develop skills as an independent researcher.
– Produces multiple scientific abstracts, manuscripts, and research proposals as well as present at local Work-in-Progress sessions, national symposia, and international scientific conferences related to their research.
– Collaborates with other Fairbanks School of Public Health investigators, as well as faculty at the Regenstrief Institute, IU School of Medicine, and IU School of Informatics and Computing.
About IU Richard M. Fairbanks School of Public Health / Regenstrief Institute
Regenstrief Institute is a dynamic, people-centered research organization driven by a mission to connect and innovate for better health. We envision a world where better information empowers people to end disease and realize true health, and we pursue this vision through research and development guided by our core values.