Under the direction of the Assistant Health Director, the Epidemiology & Analytics Division Manager ensures adequate provision of services for communicable disease control and data analytics in Jackson County. This position provides leadership and strategic direction to the Communicable Disease Control Manager and the Data Analytics Coordinator.
1. Master’s Degree in public health, statistics, biostatistics, epidemiology, or other related discipline.
2. One year of leadership experience in communicable disease control or data analysis.
3. Experience using SAS, Python, SPSS or R.
4. Principles of supervision, training, and performance evaluation.
5. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
6. Demonstrates ability to present to large audiences.
7. Demonstrates computer use ability in word processing, spreadsheet, database, and presentation software.
8. Demonstrates ability to organize work, set priorities, meet critical deadlines, and follow up on assignments with a minimal amount of direction.
1. Doctorate Degree in public health, statistics, biostatistics, epidemiology, or other related discipline.
2. Two years of leadership experience in communicable disease control or data analysis.
3. Knowledge and demonstrated experience with statistics, probability, machine learning, and modeling or epidemiologic principles and techniques related to the surveillance, investigation, and control of communicable diseases and outbreak investigations.
4. Experience with data visualization (Tableau, Microsoft Power BI, etc.)
About Jackson County Health Department
89% of health happens outside of the doctor’s office.
That’s why we are passionate about working to ensure that all people have the opportunity to live their healthiest throughout Jackson County.
Not only do we provide essential clinical services (such as vaccinations) at a low cost, we work upstream on policies, environmental conditions, and community factors that all play a role in health. We use a multi-prong approach to improve our community’s health, which includes health promotions, communicable disease prevention, public health emergency preparedness, clinical services, operations, and quality improvement.
We truly believe we can help improve the health of all people, and we’re passionate about achieving those results. Everything we do is for the individuals of Jackson County, and our goal is to see all people living their healthiest lives.