The Public Health Strategist will support programmatic efforts of internal strategy related to one or more of these program areas: strategic planning, quality improvement/performance management, accreditation, and workforce development. The position is highly collaborative, working closely with the Strategic Initiatives team and JACOHD leadership.
1. Bachelor’s degree from a four year college or university in public health, health sciences, nonprofit management or other closely related field.
2. Knowledge of the core functions and essential services of public health.
3. Knowledge of education program planning, implementation and evaluation.
4. Knowledge of data analysis and research methods.
5. Interpersonal communications, group process and facilitation skills.
6. Excellent oral and written communications skills.
7. Ability to apply logical thinking to solve problems or accomplish tasks.
8. Demonstrates ability to present information to large audiences.
9. Demonstrates computer use ability in word processing, spreadsheet, database, and presentation software.
10. Demonstrates ability to organize work, set priorities, meet critical deadlines and follow up on assignments with a minimal amount of direction.
1. Master’s Degree in public health, health promotion/education, or other closely related field.
2. One or two years progressively responsible related experience
3. Experience in surveying or assessing programs
4. Experience in public health accreditation, strategic planning, and/or quality improvement
About Jackson County Health Department
89% of health happens outside of the doctor’s office.
That’s why we are passionate about working to ensure that all people have the opportunity to live their healthiest throughout Jackson County.
Not only do we provide essential clinical services (such as vaccinations) at a low cost, we work upstream on policies, environmental conditions, and community factors that all play a role in health. We use a multi-prong approach to improve our community’s health, which includes health promotions, communicable disease prevention, public health emergency preparedness, clinical services, operations, and quality improvement.
We truly believe we can help improve the health of all people, and we’re passionate about achieving those results. Everything we do is for the individuals of Jackson County, and our goal is to see all people living their healthiest lives.