Join our team and remember why you became a social worker to begin with. We’re looking for an enthusiastic and experienced LCSW. In our health center, JeffCare strives for achievable caseloads and work-life balance so patients can enjoy quality care. In addition to weekends, evenings, and all state holidays off, JeffCare employees work reasonable shifts and accrue paid annual and sick leave.
JeffCare is a Federally Qualified Health Center with two sites in East Jefferson and West Jefferson and a program of Jefferson Parish Human Services Authority. This position is located in the greater New Orleans metropolitan area in Metairie, LA.
Competitive Salary: Up to$70,000 per year
Professional Development: Paid training and continuing medical education opportunities available
Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF): We participate in the public service loan forgiveness program for student loan debt.
Paid Leave: Generous accrual rate for paid annual and sick leave in addition to at least 10 paid official state holidays; no call or weekend work
Retirement: 401K with employer match and Social Security
Health Insurance: Great health insurance package with generous employer match and option to add dental, vision, and life insurance
– Complete assessments, treatment plans, and service plan reviews/revisions
– Provide group and individual counseling in compliance with JeffCare-endorsed, evidence-based practices
– Offer internal and external referrals to meet service recipients’ needs
– Perform crisis assessment and intervention
– Consult with teachers, probation officers, school social workers, and others as needed
– Record documentation in electronic health record, Level of Care Utilization System, etc.
– Participate in weekly treatment team staffing, group chart reviews, and supervision
– Collaborate with a multidisciplinary team that includes primary care providers
– Focus on improving health outcomes by using best practices, ingenuity, and strong analytical skills
- Qualifications & Skills
– LCSW licensure
– Experience treating individuals with substance use disorders and/or children and adolescents
– Ability to work in a culturally competent way and treat all with dignity and respect
– Outstanding interpersonal skills
– High ethical standards and personal integrity
– Great time management and organizational skills
– Knowledge of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) preferred
– Two or more years of experience in a psychotherapy setting preferred
– Bilingual a plus
Make a difference in the community by helping everyone—regardless of income or insurance status—access affordable, quality healthcare. Apply for this position by submitting a resume to Jessica Coats at email@example.com. Job posting available here.
About JeffCare Community Health Center at Jefferson Parish Human Services Authority
Jefferson Parish Human Services Authority (JPHSA) envisions a Jefferson Parish in which individuals and families affected by mental illness, addictive disorders, and/or developmental disabilities shall live full, healthy, independent and productive lives to the greatest extent possible for available resources.