Supplemental InformationJefferson Parish Human Services Authority (JPHSA) is a Local Governing Entity created by the Louisiana Legislature in 1989. JPHSA is responsible for the management and operation of behavioral health and developmental disability services in Jefferson Parish. JPHSA provides fully integrated primary and behavioral healthcare services through its JeffCare program.
The incumbent performs clerical support functions as the Administrative Assistant 2 for the Behavioral Health Community Services (BHCS) Division’s Permanent Supportive Housing (PSH) Program for homeless individuals with disabilities. This position is supervised by the Social Service Counselor 5-B (PSH Supervisor).
90% Administrative Support
- Provides clerical support for PSH staff including, but not limited to, typing, formatting documents, making copies, preparing outgoing mail for interoffice delivery and USPS delivery, and distributing incoming mail.
- Follows a script to answer the telephone line and checks for messages top of each workday, mid-day, and end of each workday. Keeps a daily call log to include date/time of call, caller’s name and organizational affiliation, if any, message, and telephone number. Forwards messages on the day received.
- Screens and routes callers to appropriate personnel. Ensures appropriate transfer of calls through a warm hand off, i.e. identifying the caller and pertinent information prior to releasing the call. Serves as the backup for the entire BHCS Division when then Administrative Coordinator is out of the office.
- Provides best practice customer service by using a friendly tone of voice, polite and positive language that makes both internal and external customers feel welcome and valued.
- Tracks vehicle maintenance, vehicle assignments for PSH program, and ensures the Office of Risk Management Vehicle Checklist, JPHSA’s Hold Harmless Agreement, and the Office of Risk Management Daily Vehicle Log Forms are turned into the Administrative Assistant 4 in Executive Administration by the 10th of each month.
- Prepares new staff workstations with supplies appropriate for the positions and prepares the JPHSA Keyless Entry Access, Network Access Request, and the Electronic Health Record Access Request forms. Obtains all necessary signatures.
- Coordinates and tracks purchasing for the BHCS Division. Prepares Purchase Authorizations, providing all required information.
- Assists with the preparation of the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development’s Annual Performance Report and Annual Program Aftercare Report
- Takes minutes during PSH morning meetings and during PSH weekly staffing. Follows-up with staff to ensure all follow-up items are completed by deadlines. Updates supervisor weekly.
- Files all program documents in the paper charts. Audits individuals’ files monthly to ensure all required documents are complete and updated timely. Submits the audit log to supervisor by the fifth working day following the preceding month’s audit.
- Serves as back-up Timekeeper for the BHCS Division.
- Reviews timesheets for errors, and makes any corrections needed in conjunction with the staff member and supervisor.
- Uses the timesheet calculator, as needed.
- Enters payroll in the database accurately and timely.
5% Other/Ongoing Education
- Participates in agency trainings to enhance skill development, procedural/policy compliance, and maintenance of an environment that ensures a recovery focused approach.
- Participates in regularly scheduled supervisory sessions per JPHSA Staff Development & Supervision Guidelines.
- Performs other duties as assigned to meet Division and/or JPHSA needs.
About Jefferson Parish Human Services Authority
Jefferson Parish Human Services Authority (JPHSA) envisions a Jefferson Parish in which individuals and families affected by Mental Illness, Addictive Disorders, and/or Developmental Disabilities shall live full, healthy, independent and productive lives to the greatest extent possible for available resources.