Jefferson Parish Human Services Authority (JPHSA) is a Local Governing Entity (LGE) created by the Louisiana Legislature in 1989. JPHSA is responsible for the management and operation of behavioral health and developmental disability services in Jefferson Parish. JPHSA provides fully integrated primary and behavioral healthcare services through its JeffCare program.
Functional Family Therapy-Child Welfare (FFT-CW) is an evidence-based therapy program that provides services to youth and families in the Jefferson Parish juvenile justice system at risk for out-of-home placement or further involvement in the justice system, and at risk for dual involvement in the child welfare/ juvenile justice system. The Professional Counselor provides FFT-CW therapy services to youth presenting to the Behavioral Health Community Services Division of JPHSA. Referrals may come from the Louisiana Department of Children and Family Services, the Jefferson Parish Department of Juvenile Services, JPHSA’s JeffCare Health Centers, as well as other referral sources. The incumbent serves as a member of the FFT-CW team and participates in weekly team supervision and consultation.
50% Provision of Direct Service Time
- Maintains a 37.5% productivity standard of billable service time.
- Completes comprehensive assessments and service plans using appropriate diagnostic interviews and FFT techniques. Service plans include problems, goals, and objectives of the individual as well as type, frequency, and duration of service to be provided. Service plans are signed by the individual served and the guardian, if the service recipient is a minor.
- Provides therapeutic services to youth consistent with the FFT-CW model. The preferred location for interventions is the home of the youth; however, other locations may be suitable, provided that adequate controls are in place to protect service recipient confidentiality.
- Provides therapeutic interventions to individuals and families in the community and outside of the typical 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. work day, as consistent involvement from family members is essential to the FFT-CW model. Consequently, flexibility to conduct after hours appointments is a necessity for this position.
- Maintains compliance with ethical standards and Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) regulations regarding confidentiality, as defined by licensure, law or JPHSA policy.
- Travels to homes and/or other locations in the community to provide services in a fashion consistent with the FFT-CW model. May transport individuals served in agency vehicles. Maintains compliance with JPHSA’s Driver Safety Program Policy (ADM.19), incumbent must have a current driver’s license, proof of insurance and clean driving record. Individuals served cannot be transported in incumbent’s personal vehicle.
Serves as Individual Resilience Treatment (IRT) therapist for the First Episode Psychosis program.
25% Required Documentation/Indirect Services
- Completes documentation in the agency electronic health record and in Client Services System (the FFT electronic health record) regarding individual’s treatment.
- Reviews assessments and other documentation to support the diagnosis and provides evidence of medical necessity.
- Completes and approves progress notes on the date of service. Notes include interventions used and progress towards goals referenced on the service plan.
- Completes other required FFT documentation such as assessments of relatedness/connectedness of individual served and family members, as well as assessment of hierarchies in the session. Additional FFT specific information, such as strategy used to complete phase goals, as well as effectiveness of intervention shall be included. Due to the high risk nature of FFT-CW referrals, any concerns about risk of harm to self, others or failure to comply with treatment are noted in the electronic health record.
- Completes and submits all documentation in a timely and accurate manner per JPHSA policies/procedures and licensing requirements.
- Completes other documentation assigned.
15% Team Staffing/Documentation Review
- Participates in treatment team staffing where education for staff, case consults, and treatment planning for caseloads is provided.
- Participates in weekly group supervision.
- Engages in regular telephone/email communication with probation officers or other referral sources.
- Presents cases to FFT-CW team, supervisor, and a psychiatrist of JPHSA’s JeffCare Health Centers (as needed).
10% Other/Ongoing Education
- Works with supervisor to address the fidelity to the FFT-CW model and meets with the program supervisor and clinical social work supervisor, per the requirements of the Louisiana State Board of Licensed Professional Counselors (if appropriate) to staff cases and improve social work skills.
Completes mandatory training required by JPHSA, as well as any additional training required for licensure with the Louisiana State Board of Licensed Professional Counselors. The clinician maintains license or registration appropriate to profession and appropriate to job requirement.
- Performs other duties, as assigned to meet Division and/or Authority needs.
About Jefferson Parish Human Services Authority
Jefferson Parish Human Services Authority (JPHSA) envisions a Jefferson Parish in which individuals and families affected by Mental Illness, Addictive Disorders, and/or Developmental Disabilities shall live full, healthy, independent and productive lives to the greatest extent possible for available resources.