75% Provision of Direct Service Time
- Assists individuals referred to the Social Inclusion program with determining interests and barriers to social and leisure activities.
- Completes the Independence through Community Access and Navigation (I-CAN) assessment with every individual.
- Assists individuals with fostering community connections and relationships by encouraging, connecting and accompanying these program individuals to various places of interest in the community.
- Participates in the planning and development of individual service plans.
- Assists staff in maintaining an environment that ensures a recovery-focused approach.
- Facilitates outreach and educates contractors about the Social Inclusion program and the referral process for the program.
- Shares lived experience with program participants.
- Has a current driver’s license, proof of insurance and clean driving record. Incumbent ensures that individuals served, transported in an Authority vehicle, sign the Office of Risk Management Hold Harmless Agreement.
- Incumbent ensures individuals participating in an outdoor activity sign the Hold Harmless Agreement-Outdoor Sports prior to participation in the activity.
- Incumbent cannot transport individuals served in his/her personal vehicle.
- Serves as back-up to the Living Room program model Recovery Support Peers when those peers are out of the office by providing the crisis de-escalation strategies to participants of the Living Room model program. Are cross-trained in all Living Room model program procedures and trainings.
- Completes progress notes for all services provided, including phone calls, in the individual’s paper chart and/or in the electronic health record (EHR) on the date of service.
- Completes a monthly calendar of activities each month for the Social Inclusion program.
- Completes other documentation as assigned.
- Participates in regularly scheduled supervisory sessions per JPHSA Staff Development & Supervision Guidelines.
- Receives functional supervision from the Social Service Counselor 3.
- Participates in agency and professional trainings to enhance skill development, program effectiveness, procedural/policy compliance, and maintenance of an environment that ensures a recovery focused approach.
- Performs other duties as assigned to meet Division and/or Authority needs.
About Jefferson Parish Human Services Authority
Jefferson Parish Human Services Authority (JPHSA) envisions a Jefferson Parish in which individuals and families affected by Mental Illness, Addictive Disorders, and/or Developmental Disabilities shall live full, healthy, independent and productive lives to the greatest extent possible for available resources.