JeffCare, a program of Jefferson Parish Human Services Authority, is a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) comprised of two Health Centers. JeffCare’s goal is integration of primary care and behavioral health services to best serve the needs of the population; and empowerment of individuals to achieve improved quality of life through the provision of effective services, delivered in an environment of integrity and respect. The Call Logistics Center Administrative Coordinator 2 (Customer Service Representative) carries out duties related to fielding the daily incoming calls to the JeffCare Health Centers. This position is expected to complete all required in-service/trainings in order, to keep skills current, learn new skills and adhere to all JPHSA and JeffCare policies and procedures, accreditation and recognition standards and Civil Service Rules.
Duties Essential to the Operation of the Call Logistics Center
- Answers all incoming calls to JeffCare.
- Schedules first-time appointments and enters initial demographic and insurance data in the electronic health system (EHS), and forwards the name to the screeners for completion of the screening and registration process.
- Processes and completes appointment requests from outside referral sources for JeffCare services.
- Routes requests from outside referral sources for Developmental Disabilities Community Services and
- Behavioral Health Community Services Divisions to JPHSA’s Centralized Care Coordination program.
- Routes requests from service recipients and community/ family members for Developmental Disabilities Community Services and Behavioral Health Community Services to designated staff in those divisions.
- Processes and completes appointment requests from JPHSA’s Centralized Care Coordination program.
- Reschedules appointments at the request of a service recipient or provider.
- Monitors the online appointment request mailbox and patient portal for messages/requests from service recipients.
- Completes appointment requests received through the patient portal and the online appointment request mechanism.
- Back-fills cancelled appointments on provider schedules to maximize productivity.
- Facilitates service recipient requests for medication refills, laboratory and test results by capturing complete and accurate information and emailing messages to nursing staff for follow up.
- Facilitates service recipient calls for providers by capturing complete and accurate information and directing to nursing staff to address and respond to the individual.
- Completes outbound calls to individuals at the request of the provider, documents contact, and informs the provider of outcomes.
- Places outbound calls for appointment reminders, rescheduling if requested.
- Utilizes email distribution lists to appropriately route calls and email messages to administrative and service areas throughout JPHSA.
- Uses basic problem-solving skills to assist callers without having to route the call elsewhere.
- Creates, updates, corrects, and accesses protected health information (PHI) in the EHS with a high level of confidentiality and accuracy.
- Maintains a working knowledge of JPHSA and JeffCare services and administrative functions to ensure service recipients receive correct and adequate information.
- Understands and maintains private and sensitive information within the confines of need-to-know parameters.
- Demonstrates the ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Communicates in a positive, respectful, and courteous manner.
- Utilizes active listening skills in all verbal interactions.
About Jefferson Parish Human Services Authority
Jefferson Parish Human Services Authority (JPHSA) envisions a Jefferson Parish in which individuals and families affected by Mental Illness, Addictive Disorders, and/or Developmental Disabilities shall live full, healthy, independent and productive lives to the greatest extent possible for available resources.