Join our team and remember why you wanted to work in healthcare to begin with. We’re looking for an enthusiastic and experienced Nurse Population Health Manager & Educator who loves people and meeting the needs of the community. At JeffCare Community Health Center, we strive for achievable caseloads and work-life balance so patients can enjoy quality care. In addition to having weekends, evenings, and more than 10 holidays off per year, JeffCare staff work sensible shifts and live life to the fullest.
JeffCare is a Federally Qualified Health Center with two sites in East Jefferson and West Jefferson and a program of Jefferson Parish Human Services Authority. This position is located in the greater New Orleans metropolitan area and rotates between Metairie and Marrero, LA.
- Competitive Salary: Up to $32 per hour
- Professional Development: Paid training and continuing medical education opportunities available
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF): We participate in the public service loan forgiveness program for student loan debt.
- Paid Leave: Generous accrual rate for paid time off in addition to at least 10 paid holidays; no on-call or weekend work
- Retirement: 401K with employer contribution and Social Security
- Health Insurance: Great health insurance package with generous employer match and option to add dental, vision, and life insurance
- Flexible Working Schedule
- Work as part of a multidisciplinary team to prioritize health needs of vulnerable individuals and families
- Assess individuals’ health status and healthcare barriers in order to help develop, coordinate, and monitor plans of care
- Empower individuals with appropriate health education materials and referrals to providers, facilities, specialists, and community resources
- Provide education and engagement in the use of home glucose/blood pressure monitoring equipment and opiate overdose prevention (i.e. Narcan)
- Develop and maintain collaborative relationships with specialty care, community service, and partner providers
- Implement and manage health education strategies, interventions, programs, curriculums, and trainings for both staff and individuals served
- Support maintenance of various accreditation certifications
Qualifications and Skills
- License as a Registered Nurse (RN) or Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
- Minimum of two years clinical experience and one year of clinical educator experience (with adult teaching)
- Experience in a primary care and/or a behavioral health setting
- Basic Life Support/CPR training preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Organized and detail-oriented work style
- Ability to provide care in a culturally competent way and consistently treat all with dignity and respect
Make a difference in the community by helping both insured and uninsured individuals access affordable, quality healthcare. Apply for this position by submitting a resume to Jessica Coats at jcoats at jphsa.org.
About Jefferson Parish Human Services Authority
Jefferson Parish Human Services Authority (JPHSA) envisions a Jefferson Parish in which individuals and families affected by Mental Illness, Addictive Disorders, and/or Developmental Disabilities shall live full, healthy, independent and productive lives to the greatest extent possible for available resources.