Join our team and remember why you wanted to work in healthcare to begin with. We’re looking for an organized, efficient, and personable Screening and Registration Coordinator who loves people and meeting the needs of the community. In our health center, JeffCare strives for work-life balance so our patients can enjoy quality service. In addition to weekends, evenings, and all state holidays off, JeffCare employees work reasonable shifts and accrue paid annual and sick leave.
JeffCare is a Federally Qualified Health Center offering primary care and behavioral health from two sites in East Jefferson and West Jefferson and a program of Jefferson Parish Human Services Authority. This position is located in the greater New Orleans metropolitan area with openings in Metairie and Marerro, LA.
- Competitive Salary: Up to $50,000 per year
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF): We participate in the public service loan forgiveness program for student loan debt.
- Paid Leave: Generous accrual rate for paid annual and sick leave in addition to at least 9-12 paid official state holidays; no call or weekend work
- Retirement: 401K with employer match and Social Security
- Health Insurance: Great health insurance package with generous employer match and option to add dental, vision, and life insurance
- Determines appropriate services for people seeking healthcare
- Obtains necessary financial information, such as income and health insurance coverage
- Informs about discounted fees or co-pays/deductibles due
- Assists in completing appropriate financial paperwork, such as the financial hardship form
- Documents information and records appointments in the electronic health system (EHS)
- Ensures demographic, eligibility, and payment information are accurate and up-to-date in the EHS
- Obtains treatment records as needed
- Completes authorizations as required
Qualifications and Skills
- High school diploma or GED
- Three years of clerical experience
- Two years of experience in determining eligibility for services
- Experience working with an electronic health record
- Experience working in a fast-paced community health center, FQHC, or similar environment
- Experience working with individuals with behavioral health diagnoses
- Skills in data management, interpersonal communication, and customer service
- Ability to provide care in a culturally competent way and consistently treat all with dignity and respect
Make a difference in the community by helping everyone—regardless of income or insurance status—access affordable, quality healthcare. Apply for this position by submitting a resume to Jessica Coats at email@example.com.
About Jefferson Parish Human Services Authority
Jefferson Parish Human Services Authority (JPHSA) envisions a Jefferson Parish in which individuals and families affected by Mental Illness, Addictive Disorders, and/or Developmental Disabilities shall live full, healthy, independent and productive lives to the greatest extent possible for available resources.