Lancaster Health Center seeks a committed nonprofit leader and health professional to build on the organization’s 44-year track record of success in providing needed health services in the City of Lancaster. Working across five sites, Lancaster Health Center is the only Federally Qualified Health Center in the city.
Lancaster Health Center seeks a compassionate and strong nonprofit leader with a deep commitment to mission, background in health services, and business acumen.
- Serve as the face of Lancaster Health Center; build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders.
- Provide vision and leadership to staff.
- Provide training and capacity building opportunities for staff at all levels.
- Ensure adherence to FQHC and other regulatory requirements.
- Ensure strong patient and programmatic outcomes.
- Work collaboratively with the Board to set the organization’s strategic direction.
- Keep current on best practices in health care delivery, administration and community health.
- Work in partnership with the Board to ensure the organization’s long-term financial sustainability, ability to adapt, and ability to remain nimble in an ever-changing health care environment that includes growing competition from other providers.
- Continue to enhance organizational financial sustainability through analysis of all factors including site utilization and provider productivity.
- Identify revenue sources that can be used to increase staff salaries to more competitive levels.
- Better articulate Lancaster Health Center’s brand and competitive advantage.
- Develop innovative strategies for building community connections and meeting unmet needs in underserved areas.
- Develop and implement strategies for patient and provider retention.
Experience and Attributes
Highly qualified candidates will bring the following experience and attributes:
- Demonstrated strong commitment to mission.
- Demonstrated financial management skills.
- Ability to build trust and inspire staff and partners.
- Experience reporting to and working with a board of directors.
- Excellent and active listening skills coupled with the ability to synthesize, and act on feedback from diverse sources.
- A collaborative leadership style that values the input and expertise of team members.
- An appreciation for and track record of creating diverse work places that foster inclusion and equity.
Salary will be competitive and commensurate with experience.
To apply, e-mail resume, cover letter and salary requirements to: LancasterHealth@marcumllp.com (e-mail applications are required). For other inquiries contact Ginna Goodenow at Ginna.Goodenow@marcumllp.com.
Lancaster Health Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer, delivering high-quality and compassionate healthcare to all – regardless of economic status.
About Raffa – Marcum’s Nonprofit and Social Sector Group
On behalf of Lancaster Health Center, Raffa – Marcum’s Nonprofit & Social Sector Group is working with the leadership team to advance the work and lead the CEO search. Founded in 1984 and recently merged with Marcum, Raffa is, and always has been, a mission-driven professional services firm seeking to do more for nonprofits and socially conscious companies. We exist to do meaningful work for organizations like Lancaster Health Center who are making a difference in our communities and our world. Learn more about our work at http://marcumllp.com/industries/nonprofit-social-sector/.
About Lancaster Health Center
Lancaster Health Center’s mission statement is to deliver high quality and compassionate healthcare to all—regardless of economic status. Lancaster Health Center offers a sliding fee discount program, with a discounted rate or nominal fee for medical and preventive dental services offered at our facilities. Of the more than 82,000 patient visits that occurred in FY17-18, 10% were paid for by Medicare, 62% by Medical Assistance, 17% by commercial insurance, and 11% were uninsured.
Lancaster Health Center is a Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH) nationally recognized for our comprehensive approach to providing healthcare services that reflect the values, interests, needs, and choices of patients. Lancaster Health Center medical and dental staff are board certified and adhere to the highest standards in the delivery of care. Services include family practice care, dental care, prenatal, pediatrics, women’s health, refugee health, chronic disease management, pharmacy, insurance enrollment assistance, social services, and patient education. Lancaster Health Center provides compassionate, culturally sensitive, high quality medical and dental care to all members of the community. More than half of our patients are Spanish speakers and 60 languages are spoken in our patient population. Many of the refugees who settle in Lancaster consider Lancaster Health Center their medical home.
Lancaster Health Center operates out of five sites: South Duke Street, North Water Street, and New Holland Avenue, with medical offices inside of the Bright Side Opportunities Center and Reynolds Middle School. Within those sites Lancaster Health Center has 64 medical exam rooms and 13 dental operatories.
Lancaster Health Center is a federally qualified health center with a volunteer Board of Directors. 51% of our Board are patients of Lancaster Health Center, and the Board meets monthly. The staff is approximately 200 people. As currently structured, the CEO has nine direct reports: COO, CFO, CMO, Director of Human Resources, Director of Social Work, Development Director, Quality Director, Dental Director, and the Executive Office Coordinator. The operating budget is approximately $18 million.
The incumbent CEO, Hilda Shirk, is retiring this year. For more information, visit Lancaster Health Center.